Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Explore Commerce Bank’s suite of bank accounts
This regional bank has a worldwide ATM network — but low interest rates.
What banking products does Commerce Bank offer?
Why should I open an account at Commerce Bank?Commerce Bank offers basic features like mobile and online banking and FDIC-insured deposits, but it also features:
- Referral bonuses. Earn a $50 Visa Reward Card every time a family member or friend opens a personal checking account. But you can only earn up to $500.
- Popmoney transfers. Instantly send and receive money from family and friends with Popmoney.
- Huge ATM network. In addition to Commerce Bank ATMs, you can use over 1.7 million VISA PLUS ATMs for free worldwide.
- Comprehensive options. There’s 15 checking and savings account options to choose from.
What should I look out for?
Although Commerce Bank has its perks, there are a few things you should watch out for:
- Low interest rates. Commerce Bank doesn’t offer any rates above 0.45%, which is lower than competing institutions.
- Limited availability. Branches are limited to five states and you’ll want to live in one of them to bank and close an account.
- Deposit minimums. Most accounts require at least $100 minimum opening deposits.
- Fees. Most accounts have monthly fees, but you can waive them under certain conditions.
Compare with leading bank accounts
Commerce Bank customer service
There are two ways to contact Commerce Bank customer service:
- In person. Visit a branch location
- Email. Send a message to email@example.com
- Phone. Call one of the numbers below depending on your situation:
- General inquiries: 855-659-1656 weekdays from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Small business checking: 866-365-9346
- mySpending Card: 888-373-2883 weekdays from 8 a.m. to midnight and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Bottom lineCommerce Bank has a comprehensive suite of checking and savings accounts for individuals and businesses. If you’re looking for a regional bank with a large ATM network, it may be a good fit for you.
But its interest rates are unattractive and you’ll want to live in one of the five states it serves.
Before you make a decision, shop around for high-yield accounts that may better suit your needs.
Frequently asked questions
Read more on this topic
Explore Aspiration's suite of accounts Aspiration Bank gives you control over your monthly fees with 1% APY on savings.
Explore Community First Credit Union’s suite of bank accounts Community First Credit Union offers big-bank account features to a limited Northeast Florida membership.
Compare CD vs. savings account Compare pros, cons, interest rates, features, fees and more.
Compare CD vs. bond Explore the differences between CDs and bonds to learn which is right for you.
Explore Mutual of Omaha Bank’s suite of accounts Full line of banking and investing options, but limited physical locations
Explore Golden 1 Credit Unions suite of bank accounts Features a comprehensive list of checking and savings accounts to California residents.
Explore Alaska USA Federal Credit Union’s suite of bank accounts Offers 24/7 customer support and a suite of accounts to four states.
Explore KeyBank’s suite of bank accounts This regional bank offers 20+ checking and savings accounts in 15 states.
Explore America First Credit Union’s suite of bank accounts Offers high APYs and plenty of variety, but it only services five states.
Explore Delta Community Credit Union’s suite of bank accounts Features free accounts and 24/7 phone support for metro Atlanta and Delta employees.