Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Aspiration products: Cash management, IRAs and funds
Choose a fintech that promises ethical investments and a cash management account.
Compare Aspiration’s accounts
What products does Aspiration offer?
As part of its commitment to ethical banking, Aspiration offers the following accounts and investment products:
- Spend & Save. This account has two plan options— a free one and a paid plan called Aspiration Plus. Depending on which plan you choose you’ll get a free ATM reimbursement a month, cash back and up to 1.00% APY on your savings.
- Redwood Fund. An investment fund that actively looks for companies that meet environmental, social justice and governance standards to invest your money.
- Flagship Fund. Lower volatility, long-term investment fund that only requires a $10 deposit.
- Redwood IRA. The same as the Redwood mutual fund, but with the structure of a traditional IRA.
- Flagship IRA. A lower volatility, traditional IRA designed for long-term investing.
Why should I open an account at Aspiration?
Aspiration starts with a mission, but without skimping on the benefits:
- You set the monthly fee. Choose to pay anywhere from $0 to $100 a month or more, depending on what you think is fair when you choose the free plan — 10% of what you pay is donated to charity.
- Free ATM reimbursement. Aspiration will reimburse one ATM fee when you choose the Aspiration Plus plan.
- Invest in a clean environment. Your money isn’t used to invest in fossil fuel companies.
- Track your impact. The Aspiration Impact Measurement app allows you to track the environmental impact of your spending.
- Conscious Coalition. Earn greater cashback rewards when you use your debit card to shop at select stores that have partnered with Aspiration and its mission.
- Free phone protection. If you pay your mobile bill with your debit card, you get up to $600 in phone protection for free.
- Make charitable donations. Aspiration vets charities under seven categories and helps you make tax-deductible donations where every dollar you give goes directly to the charity.
What should I look out for?
As a fintech, Aspiration comes with a few limitations:
- No branches. Aspiration is online-onlywith customer support access limited to phone support and an online request form.
- No CDs or money market accounts. Your investment options are limited to mutual funds and IRAs.
- No cash deposits. Use your ATM for withdrawals, but Aspiration doesn’t accept cash deposits.
- Customer support issues. While some customers rave about Aspiration’s customer service, the Better Business Bureau and other customer review sites show a history of complaints varying from missing transfers to policy changes.
Aspiration‘s customer service
Contact Aspiration‘s support staff in the following ways:
- Call 800-683-8529 weekdays from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. or weekends from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. PST
- Fill out the Contact form from the website.
Bottom lineAspiration’s commitment to values-based investment makes it a great choice for anyone comfortable with digital banking and looking to manage their money in a socially and environmentally conscious way. But if the limited account and investment options aren’t for you, shop around to find a bank that better suits your needs.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Digit Checking account review
A bank account that intelligently divvies up your money where you need it for a monthly fee.
Spectrum Credit Union MySavings Youth review
A youth savings account with a whopping 7% APY on account balances up to $1,000.
Honeyfi lets you and your partner track your shared accounts and expenses — for a monthly fee.
Save Debit Invest card review
Save invests $1 on your behalf for every $1 you spend. After one year, you keep the returns.
How to avoid Bank of America account fees
Bank of America charges various account fees, but you can avoid many of them.
First Foundation Bank Online Savings Account review
No monthly fees and a competitive APY from this high-yield savings account.
Save Market Savings account Review
With this savings account, you can invest your interest in the stock market for an average 3.13% return. Learn more here.
Live Oak Bank Business Savings account review
This online-only business savings account lets you build your savings with a high APY and no fees.
Axos Bank CashBack Checking review
Earn 1% cashback on signature purchases, but only if you maintain the required minimum balance.
Green Dot Unlimited review
A digital bank account featuring 2% cash back on purchases, 2% APY on savings and free cash deposits.
Ask an Expert