Shop on-trend men’s and women’s fashion — perfect for the young professional.
Banana Republic was founded in 1978 by Mel and Patricia Ziegler, true entrepreneurs who quit their day jobs and, with only “$1,500 in cash and an American Express card,” launched a quirky clothing company that they then sold to Gap, Inc. in 1983. The Zieglers’ vision for the clothing brand was edgier and more “out there” than the clean-cut, ultra-chic professional attire for which Banana Republic is now known, but it still has its own distinct look that sets its clothing apart from other Gap brands.
Banana Republic discount and coupon codes for February 2018
What can I buy at Banana Republic?
- Women’s. Shop cozy sweaters, sleek dresses and suit jackets, blazers, casual wear and petites.
- Men’s. Browse by size, color, category or price and make shopping for dress shirts, slacks and casual clothing super simple.
- Shoes. Whether you need an attention-grabbing statement piece or a practical pair of boots or loafers, Banana Republic carries a wide selection of both men’s and women’s shoes.
- Accessories. Find hip and trendy handbags, briefcases, hats, scarves, gloves, belts, watches and more.
Shipping, payment and refunds
|Shipping method||Shipping cost||Delivery speed|
|Standard (orders of $50 or more)||FREE||5 to 7 business days|
|Standard (orders less than $50)||$7||3 to 5 business days|
|Expedited||$17||2 to 3 business days|
|Next day||$22||1 business day|
Pay for your Banana Republic order using Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, JCB, Diner’s Club or a gift card.
Returns and exchanges are free as long as you use your prepaid return shipping label that came with your order, or you can return in-store within 45 days of purchase.
When’s the next sale?
Banana Republic usually releases promo codes frequently throughout the year. You can also check the Banana Republic Factory tab to snag special savings year-round.
What sets Banana Republic apart?
As a part of Gap, Inc., Banana Republic is involved in a variety of charity efforts and organizations, including millions of dollars donated to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America, and its commitment to using 100% sustainably-sourced cotton by 2021.
Pros and cons
- Free shipping on orders of $50 or more. Spend at least $50 and snag free shipping.
- Lots of sizing options. Banana Republic offers lots of sizing options, which usually range from 00 to 20 in women’s pants, plus a petites section.
- Sustainability efforts. Banana Republic and other Gap stores are committed to using 100% sustainably-sourced cotton by 2021.
- On the pricey side. Banana Republic is known for offering upscale fashion at an upscale price.
Banana Republic is worth a look if you’re in the market for some staple pieces to add to your wardrobe and are looking to spend a little more on a high-quality item. You can also feel great about being a part of the company’s charity efforts and generous donations to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America.