Find the gear you need for your next outdoor adventure — and advice on how to use it.
Backcountry.com is designed to make buying what you need for the outdoors a bit easier. Founded in 2013, they’ve wasted no time setting up connections with brands that sell great products at fair prices.
Its products, organized by gender, brand and activity (biking, running, climbing, etc.) range in price and skill level, so you’re covered whatever your needs.
Plus, the site helps connect you with “Gearheads” — outdoor experts — for information about the gear you’ll need to plan your best outdoor adventure.
Backcountry.com promo codes for February 2018
|Up to 50% off clothing, gear and accessories||
|Take 10% off first order||
Coupon code expires
Show code GE****
After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
|30% off one full priced item||
What is Backcountry.com?
Deeply proud of its Utah roots, Backcountry.com prides itself on being founded by outdoor experts, but made for anyone looking to get connected with nature. Aptly named, Backcountry.com is an online shopping site that sells backcountry gear and clothing for men and women, children and adults, hikers and bikers — and anybody else.
A no-nonsense brand, Backcountry.com doesn’t unnecessarily markup its prices — which means quality products at fair prices.
What can I buy at Backcountry.com?
- Coats and shoes. Backcountry.com has products ranging from high-end climbing shoes and regular sneakers to subzero coats and fashionable puffy vests to down feather skirts and thermal underwear.
- Gear. Its site sells tents, holding gears for climbing, snowboards and so much else we don’t have room to list it all here.
- Fireside wear. Alongside the products to keep you warm outdoors, Backcountry.com sells cozy indoor gear too — even dresses.
- A lot more. Its inventory is huge, so you’re bound to find what you need.
Delivery and shipping
Orders over $50 are guaranteed free shipping to the continental US states (excluding Alaska or Hawaii). However, free shipping is not available for freight or bulky items, like bikes or kayaks. The shipping cost and delivery times vary based on your shipping choice.
After you’ve placed your order, check your email for a confirmation and tracking number.
You can pay for online orders using all major credit cards, as well as Discover, Novus and PayPal. Regardless of how you pay, your checkout process is secure.
Returns and Exchanges
You can return new, unused gear in its original packaging at any time for a full refund. If you want to return your gear after you’ve used it, take it to a store near you within thirty days of purchase for store credit.
When’s the next sale?
Thankfully for tree-huggers and nature lovers alike, Backcountry.com has promotions pretty regularly. Check our site for a promo code that works for what you want. Plus, if you refer a friend to the site, you’ll both get $10 off your next order.
What sets Backcountry.com apart?
While Backcountry.com’s fair pricing sets it apart from other outdoor equipment stores, it’s most known for its Gearheads. Gearheads are seasoned outdoor experts who can help you figure out the right tent for your next camping trip, the right jacket for skiing or even the best snacks for hiking hiking.
Pros and cons
- Price match policy. If you find an identical item at a lower price at another store, Backcountry.com will credit your card with the difference — just contact them within 48 hours of your purchase.
- Customer satisfaction. According to its online reviews, nearly every customer is pleased with their purchase.
- Customer care. Backcountry.com’s Help Center is available 24/7 via chat and 6 a.m. – 10 p.m. MST via phone.
- Options, options, options. Sometimes having so many options can be a little bewildering. Talk to a Gearhead to help narrow down what you need.
- Can be expensive. Funding an addiction to the outdoors can be expensive, and Backcountry.com isn’t an exception. Its products can be on the expensive side, especially for larger and more skill-advanced gear.
Backcountry.com delivers quality products and advice — if you need it.