Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Compare the best baby bottles
Find a bottle baby will love.
Finding the right bottle for your little one usually comes down to a little trial and error. Consider buying a few different brands and types of bottles and see which one your baby likes best. To help, we’ve narrowed down some of the top-rated bottles available, and share some shopping tips.
Compare some of the best baby bottles
|Name||Average price||Material||Size (ounces)||Bottles per pack||Anti-colic venting?||Purchase|
|Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature||$16||Plastic||9||3||Yes||Buy now|
|Dr. Brown’s Original Bottle Newborn Feeding Set||$25||Plastic||8 and 4||3 8-oz and 2 4-oz||Yes||Buy now|
|Philips Avent Anti-colic||$8.50||Plastic||4||1||Yes||Buy now|
|Joovy Boob Diamond||$24||Glass||5||1||Yes||Buy now|
|Pura Kiki Bottle||$20||Stainless steel||11||1||Yes||Buy now|
|Mixie Formula Mixing||$27||Plastic||8||2||Yes|
Do I need bottles?
Yes, most families will need to use a bottle here and there. If you exclusively bottle-feed, you’ll definitely need to have plenty of bottles on hand.
But even if you’re breastfeeding, you’ll need bottles if you plan to go back to work in your baby’s first year or so, or if you’d like to have the option of other family members or caretakers feeding your baby expressed milk while you take a moment’s rest.
What types of bottles are there?
Bottles come in an array of shapes and sizes, but most are made out of one of these four materials:
|Plastic||Today’s plastic bottles are BPA-free and designed to be strong and durable.|
|Glass||These contain a glass bottle with a silicone nipple attached. Some come with removable silicone sleeves.|
|Silicone||Consists of a silicone bottle and nipple.|
|Stainless steel||Consists of a stainless steel bottle and a silicone nipple. Many are insulted to help maintain the milk’s temperature.|
How many bottles do I need?
This will depend on whether you choose to bottle-feed or breastfeed and how often you plan to sanitize your bottles. Generally speaking, you may need anywhere from four to 12 bottles, depending on these factors.
Parents who choose to bottle-feed exclusively may need to have more bottles on hand than mothers who are breastfeeding. Start with around six bottles if you’ll be bottle-feeding and closer to four if you’ll be breastfeeding.
What size bottles do I need?
The size of bottle you need will depend on how old your baby is. As they grow, you’ll need to increase the bottle and nipple size. Here’s a general timeline to get you started:
|Age||Minimum bottle size||Flow rate|
|6–9 months||4–6 ounces||Medium|
|9–12 months||6–8 ounces||High|
How to compare baby bottles
Many new moms find that their baby does the decision-making when it comes to finding the right style of bottle. So you may want to pick up a few different brands and see which one baby likes best.
Compare these main features when shopping:
- Price. Bottles come in a wide range of prices, depending on the material, size, brand and how many come in a pack. A three-pack of plastic bottles can be as low as $3, while a two-pack of silicone anti-colic bottles can run around $25.
- Type. Consider the material and design when choosing bottles. Some may be easier for you or baby’s little hands to hold than others. Also, some brands claim to mimic mom’s natural breast, while others are geared toward exclusive bottle-feeding. Many models now also come with an anti-colic design.
- Nipple size and flow. Most bottle nipples are made out of silicone, but come in a variety of sizes, shapes and flows. Some bottle sets will come with a range of flow amounts to save you from purchasing each one separately.
- Disposables. Some bottles come with disposable plastic inserts that you fill with milk and drop down into the bottle. This makes traveling and clean-up a breeze.
- Extra features. Some bottles come with extras like a removable anti-colic venting systems, which allows baby to use the bottle with or without this added piece. Some sets may come with a carrying case, bottle warmer or extra lids.
How to clean and sterilize baby bottles
You should thoroughly clean your baby’s bottles after each use with soap and water, using a bottle brush to reach the bottom. You can then use a bottle drying rack to air dry them.
You may also want to sterilize your bottles every so often, until your child is around three months old and their immune system is stronger. Sterilizing bottles is also a good idea after baby’s been sick or if they were born prematurely. You may also want to sterilize new bottles before using them.
To sterilize baby bottles, follow these steps:
- Fill a large pot with water.
- Submerge clean bottles upside down in the water. There should be enough water to completely cover the bottles.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Boil bottles for approximately five minutes.
- Turn the heat off and carefully remove the bottles from the water using tongs or another kitchen utensil.
- Place upside down on a bottle drying rack or clean dishtowel to dry.
Shopping for baby bottles can be a hassle-free process. Decide how much you want to spend and what material you prefer, then choose a few different brands and designs and let baby pick the winner.
How did we choose these products?
To create our list of the best baby bottles, we conducted online research to find some of the most popular bottles available. We then compared the size, price, type and overall features, taking into account third-party product reviews as well.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Teeth whitening guide + top picks
Learn about the main types of teeth whitening procedures, including how to find the right one for your needs.
9 best slip dresses of the season
Find the perfect slip dress for your style and budget, whether you’re looking for something casual or a formal look to dress up.
13 of the best shoes for nurses
Shop some of the best nursing shoes to help you stay on your feet in comfort and style. We share our picks and tips and advice from nurses.
Compare capsule coffee machines
We’ll help you choose the right capsule coffee machine for your home or office. Compare specs and features for popular capsule coffee machines.
Top 6 colognes handpicked by our team
Whether you’re looking for a gift or a new signature scent, check out these top men’s colognes our team swears by. Plus, learn where to get free samples.
Best debt consolidation loans of May 2021
Compare 6 lenders to find one that’s a good fit for your needs.
Best outdoor nativity sets
These nativity scenes will add an extra dose of cheer to your front yard, just in time for Christmas. Find the top sites to shop.
8 best overwater bungalows in the Caribbean
Escape to your very own island paradise above the waves.
Compare the best air purifiers
Learn how to choose an air purifier to filter harmful particles out of the air so you can breathe easier in your home or office.
Best time to visit Yellowstone National Park
Guide to Yellowstone, including cost and transportation options.
Ask an Expert