Reading to your baby can help foster early learning and build a lasting bond. Choose books that are appropriate for your child’s age range to make story time fun for everyone.
Compare some of the best baby books
|Title||Average price||Format||Age recommendation||Purchase|
|The Very Hungry Caterpillar||$6||Board||3+||Buy now|
|Goodnight Moon||$5||Paperback||4–8||Buy now|
|The Wonderful Things You Will Be||$8||Hardcover||3–7||Buy now|
|Giraffes Can’t Dance||$5||Board||4+||Buy now|
|Love You Forever||$5||Paperback||4+||Buy now|
|Baby Touch and Feel: Animals||$6||Board||Newborn+||Buy now|
|Chicka Chicka Boom Boom||$5||Board||1–4||Buy now|
|My First Colors: Let’s Learn Them All!||$9.99||Board||Preschool+||Buy now|
|Babies Love First Words||$7||Board||Newborn–5||Buy now|
|Barnyard Bath!||$8||Floating||Preschool+||Buy now|
Types of baby books
Choose a range to help your child learn and grow, or pick the ones you already know they’ll like.
- Board books. These books are made of thick paperboard, making it much more difficult to rip, tear or damage the pages. Young babies can also turn the pages themselves.
- Picture books. Some books don’t have any words and instead use pictures to tell a story. These books can be good choices for infants or toddlers who don’t read yet.
- Touch-and-feel books. These books are interactive and usually feature a range of different textures, colors and even sounds to encourage baby to explore her senses.
- Question-and-answer books. These stories repeat a particular pattern — usually in the form of questions and answers — to help your child learn to read.
- Concept books. These books focus on a particular concept, such as learning colors and numbers, taking a bath or brushing teeth to help teach a skill.
Babies and kids of any age can benefit from story time. Whether shopping for your own kids or as a gift for someone else, these popular picks can be great additions to any bookshelf.
How did we choose these products?
We combined our personal experiences with online research to compile our list of the best baby books, considering the price, type and third-party product reviews.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Gifts that give back in 2021
Your gift list can go the extra mile this year with these hot-ticket items that give back to charitable causes.
Teeth whitening guide + top picks
Learn about the main types of teeth whitening procedures, including how to find the right one for your needs.
13 of the best shoes for nurses
Shop some of the best nursing shoes to help you stay on your feet in comfort and style. We share our picks and tips and advice from nurses.
Compare capsule coffee machines
We’ll help you choose the right capsule coffee machine for your home or office. Compare specs and features for popular capsule coffee machines.
Top 6 colognes handpicked by our team
Whether you’re looking for a gift or a new signature scent, check out these top men’s colognes our team swears by. Plus, learn where to get free samples.
Compare drones: Your guide to choosing the right model
Interested in racing, recreational flying or aerial photography? This guide helps you compare and choose the perfect drone for you.
17 best shoes for teens
From furry boots to super cool combats, cheetah flats and all-the-rage sneakers, we’ve rounded up the best shoes for the teen in your life.
8 ways to spoil your pet for National Love Your Pet Day
Spoil your pet with these creative gift ideas, including a cozy set of pajamas, a fun art project and some hilarious socks. Save with top deals.
Singles Awareness Day self-care ideas
From yoga classes to a bestselling journal, here are some of the top gift ideas to give yourself for Anti-Valentine’s Day.
Best outdoor nativity sets
These nativity scenes will add an extra dose of cheer to your front yard, just in time for Christmas. Find the top sites to shop.
Ask an Expert