Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Compare the best baby books
Make time for story time.
Reading to your baby can help foster early learning and build a lasting bond. Choose books that are appropriate for your child’s age range to make story time fun for everyone.
Compare some of the best baby books
|Title||Average price||Format||Age recommendation||Purchase|
|The Very Hungry Caterpillar||$6||Board||3+||Buy now|
|Goodnight Moon||$5||Paperback||4–8||Buy now|
|The Wonderful Things You Will Be||$8||Hardcover||3–7||Buy now|
|Giraffes Can’t Dance||$5||Board||4+||Buy now|
|Love You Forever||$5||Paperback||4+||Buy now|
|Baby Touch and Feel: Animals||$6||Board||Newborn+||Buy now|
|Chicka Chicka Boom Boom||$5||Board||1–4||Buy now|
|My First Colors: Let’s Learn Them All!||$9.99||Board||Preschool+||Buy now|
|Babies Love First Words||$7||Board||Newborn–5||Buy now|
|Barnyard Bath!||$8||Floating||Preschool+||Buy now|
Types of baby books
Choose a range to help your child learn and grow, or pick the ones you already know they’ll like.
- Board books. These books are made of thick paperboard, making it much more difficult to rip, tear or damage the pages. Young babies can also turn the pages themselves.
- Picture books. Some books don’t have any words and instead use pictures to tell a story. These books can be good choices for infants or toddlers who don’t read yet.
- Touch-and-feel books. These books are interactive and usually feature a range of different textures, colors and even sounds to encourage baby to explore her senses.
- Question-and-answer books. These stories repeat a particular pattern — usually in the form of questions and answers — to help your child learn to read.
- Concept books. These books focus on a particular concept, such as learning colors and numbers, taking a bath or brushing teeth to help teach a skill.
Babies and kids of any age can benefit from story time. Whether shopping for your own kids or as a gift for someone else, these popular picks can be great additions to any bookshelf.
How did we choose these products?
We combined our personal experiences with online research to compile our list of the best baby books, considering the price, type and third-party product reviews.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert