Azlo Business Checking account review
Though it has no monthly fees or minimum balance, you can’t deposit cash.
finder.com’s rating: 4.5 / 5.0
★★★★★Azlo is a fee-free digital bank for entrepreneurs and small-business owners, but it’s closing down on March 31, 2021. If you’re interested in this account, a good alternative is BlueVine Business Checking.
$0 per month
Minimum deposit to open
Attention: Azlo is closing
Azlo will be closing on March 31, 2021, per a statement released on January 7. A good alternative is BlueVine Business Checking, which has no monthly fees, unlimited transactions and 1% APY on balances up to $100,000.
If you’re a current Azlo customer, they’re asking that you bring your account balance down to $0 by March 31 and close your account online or in the mobile app. If you don’t do anything, they’ll cut you a cashier’s check after your account closes and mail it to the address on file.
How do I open an Azlo Business Checking account?
Sign up for an Azlo Business checking account online in minutes:
- Go to the provider’s site and follow the steps to apply.
- From the official Azlo website, click Get Started.
- Verify your email and enter personal information, including your name, citizenship, Social Security number, date of birth, address and phone number. Click Next.
- Verify your phone number and enter your business information, including your business type, ownership percentage, legal business name, date established and Tax Identification Number. Click Next.
- Enter your physical business address and click Next.
- Enter information regarding your industry and estimated revenue. Click Next.
- Upload a photo of your government-issued photo ID and business registration. Click Next.
- Verify Azlo‘s terms and policies and click Submit Application.
You must meet the following requirements to open an account with Azlo:
- At least 18 years old
- Business owner — sole proprietor, general partnership, LLC, corporation or nonprofit
- At least 25% ownership in business
- US resident with a Social Security number, US address and US phone number
Have the following information on hand when opening your Azlo Business Checking account:
- Full name
- Residential address
- Date of birth
- Taxpayer Identification Number, Social Security number or Employer Identification number
- Government-issued ID
- Certified copy of incorporation or government-issued business license
What are the benefits of a checking account with Azlo?
Azlo is closing down soon, but here are some highlights of the account:
- No fees. There’s no minimum opening deposit and no foreign transaction, transfer, wire or monthly maintenance fees.
- Unlimited transactions. You don’t have to worry about going over a set number of free transactions per month.
- Digital features. Block and unblock your debit card and send digital invoices to customers directly from your account.
- Credit card payment integrations. Azlo integrates with Square and Stripe, so you can make payments in person.
Azlo‘s ATM network and fees
Withdraw up to $1,000 per day for free at any of the 55,000 Allpoint ATMs in Azlo‘s network. The company doesn’t charge ATM fees, but account holders are subject to any out-of-network operator’s ATM fees.
What should I look out for?
Potential drawbacks of an Azlo Business Checking account include:
- No checks. Your Azlo Business checking account doesn’t come with checks.
- No branch locations. Azlo‘s lack of physical branches makes it impossible to deposit cash or bank in person.
- Doesn’t support all business types. Businesses classified as a limited partnership or limited liability partnership don’t qualify for this account.
Compare with other business checking accounts
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
How do I deposit or withdraw my money?
- Azlo mobile app
- Direct deposit
- Transfer from another bank
- Wire transfer
- Endorsed check via US mail
- ATM using your debit card
- Wire transfer
- Transfer to another bank
- Cash back from merchants
What other checking options does Azlo offer?Azlo only offers the Azlo Small Business Checking account.
If you’re a small-business owner looking for a fee-free business checking account, Azlo may be for you. But if you’re looking for an account that offers checks and accepts cash deposits, shop around for other options before you decide.
Frequently asked questions
Checking account ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
We analyze top checking accounts and rate them one to five stars based on factors that are most important to you. These factors include: monthly fees, the ease at which monthly fees can be waived, the breadth of ATM access, ATM and overdraft fees, and customer service.