Azimo international money transfers review
Get competitive rates and fast transfers — but not if you're a US resident.
Max. Transfer Amount
|Max. Transfer Amount||No limit|
|Transfer Methods||Online, Bank Account to Bank Account|
Minimum transfer time
|Customer Service||Chat, Email|
|Available Currencies||AED, AFN, ALL, AMD, AOA, ARS, AUD, AWG, AZN, BAM, BBD, BDT, BGN, BHD, BIF, BMD, BND, BOB, BRL, BSD, BTN, BWP, BZD, CAD, CDF, CHF, CLP, CNY, COP, CRC, CUP, CVE, CZK, DJF, DKK, DOP, DZD, EGP, ERN, ETB, EUR, FJD, FKP, GBP, GEL, GHS, GIP, GMD, GNF, GTQ, GYD, HKD, HNL, HRK, HTG, HUF, IDR, ILS, INR, IQD, IRR, ISK, JMD, JOD, JPY, KES, KGS, KHR, KPW, KRW, KWD, KYD, KZT, LAK, LBP, LKR, LRD, LSL, LYD, MAD, MDL, MGA, MKD, MMK, MNT, MOP, MRO, MUR, MVR, MWK, MXN, MYR, NAD, NGN, NIO, NOK, NPR, NZD, OMR, PAB, PEN, PGK, PHP, PKR, PLN, PYG, QAR, RON, RSD, RUB, RWF, SAR, SBD, SCR, SDG, SEK, SGD, SHP, SLL, SOS, SRD, STD, SYP, SZL, THB, TJS, TMT, TND, TOP, TRY, TTD, TWD, TZS, UAH, UGX, USD, UYU, UZS, VEF, VND, VUV, WST, XAF, XCD, XPF, YER, ZAR, ZMW|
UK-based Azimo offers affordable overseas transfers to 200+ countries. But while you can send to a lot of places, the list of countries you can send from is limited.
Must read: Azimo is not available for US senders
You won’t be able to send money with Azimo from the US. That doesn’t rule out any possibility of it expanding here though.
In the meantime, compare providers that are available in the US.
- Small transfers
- Low fees and competitive rates
- Sending money fast
- A wide range of countries and currencies
- Card or bank transfer payments
Not so great for
- Paying with cash
- Sending money from the US
Compare Azimo to other brands
Since Azimo doesn’t offer services to US customers, you can find similar providers who can help you send a transfer here.
Azimo exchange rates and fees
There are several factors that affect how much your Azimo international money transfer will cost, including how much money you’re sending, where you’re sending your money and how you want your funds to be delivered.
Azimo’s exchange rates are updated live according to changes to the global foreign exchange markets.
Azimo allows you to send funds to more than 200 countries across Africa, Asia, the Pacific, the Americas and Europe. You can see a full list of possible transfer destinations, as well as the receiving options available in each country, by visiting the Azimo website. Popular currencies include:
- USD United States dollar
- EUR Euro
- GBP British pound
- PLN Polish zloty
- AUD Australian dollar
- CNY Chinese yuan
- SEK Swedish krona
- JPY Japanese yen
What types of transfers can you make with Azimo?
Azimo offers the following transfer options, although not all options are available in every country:
- Bank account transfers
- Cash pickup from more than 200,000 locations
- Mobile airtime top-ups allowing you to purchase minutes on your recipient’s mobile
- Mobile wallet transfers
You can send a transfer online or using the Azimo mobile app, while you can pay for your transaction through a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
If you ever require assistance with a transfer or have a question about Azimo’s service, you can visit its online support center. Email and multilingual phone customer support are also available if needed.
- Worldwide access. Azimo offers transfers to over 200 countries, making it possible to send money to loved ones all around the world.
- Transfer options. With bank account transfers, cash pickups, airtime top-ups and mobile wallet payments, Azimo lets you choose the transfer method that’s most convenient for you.
- Affordable. Compare Azimo’s fees and exchange rates with those you receive from banks and other money transfer providers— you’ll see that Azimo offers a competitive money transfer solution.
- Not all transfer options are available to all countries. You’ll need to visit the Azimo website to see which transfer methods are available for your destination.
- No cash payments. You can pay with card or bank transfer, but not with cash.
Which payment methods does Azimo accept?
You can pay for your transfer a few different ways, including:
- Bank transfer
- Credit card
- Debit card
How long does a transfer with Azimo take?
The transfer time depends on where you’re sending money. In many cases, transfers can arrive on the same day, but sometimes it might take up to two business days or longer. Check the details of your transfer destination on the Azimo website to see how long it will take for your funds to arrive.
Transfers typically take
1 - 2 days
Is Azimo safe to use?
- Security and regulation: Government regulated
- Established: 2012
- Number of customers: 1 million+*
- Reviews: Trustpilot gives Azimo an average score of 8.9/10 on over 21,000 reviews*
- Investors: Rakuten, Jeremy Yap, Silicon Valley Bank
*According to Azimo on 4 April 2019 and Trustpilot on 14 March 2019.
How does Azimo make money?
Azimo makes money by charging a transfer fee and through a margin on the exchange rate. You may notice the exchange rate you get quoted is different to the one you can see on Google or Reuters. This is because banks and most money transfer services add a margin onto the mid-market rate to cover their own costs.
How to register an account
You’ll need to register for an account before you can send money overseas with Azimo.
How do I make an international money transfer with Azimo?
To send money with Azimo you’ll need to provide transaction details including:
- The amount of money you want to send and which currency you would like to send it as
- How the money will be transferred and received
- Where the money is going
- Details of your recipient, such as their name, address and bank account information
- How you’ll pay for the transfer
Once you’ve provided these details you’ll be able to review your transfer information, including the exchange rate and fees that apply. If you’re happy with what you see, you can then pay for your transfer with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card. You can track the progress of transactions in your Azimo account dashboard.
What is Azimo?
Azimo is a money transfer service founded in 2012 with the mission of making money transfers cheap and fast for all its customers.
It does this by cutting costs compared to the money transfer services offered by banks. It’s online only so it doesn’t pay the cost of maintaining stores, it doesn’t accept cash because doing so can be expensive and it claims to pay its executives fair and reasonable salaries rather than bank-sized bonuses.
How does Azimo compare to other providers?
Azimo is a popular money transfer service for UK residents, but it’s not yet available for US residents to send with. Compare money transfer providers to find one that offers competitive rates for US users.