Find out if a personal loan through Avant is right for your needs.
You can check your loan options without affecting your credit score and the whole process is completed online, making it quick and convenient to apply and receive a decision.
|Min Loan Amount||$2,000|
|Max. Loan Amount||$35,000|
|Min APR||From 9.95%|
|Minimum Loan Term||2 years|
|Maximum Loan Term||5 years|
|Requirements||You must have a 580+ credit score, provide proof of a steady income and be a US resident who is at least 18 years old (19 years old in Alabama).|
* The actual loan amount, term, and APR amount of loan that a customer qualifies for may vary based on credit determination and state law. Minimum loan amounts vary by state.
Do I qualify?
To qualify for a loan through Avant, you must:
- Have credit score of at least 580.
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Bat least 18 years old (19 years old in Alabama).
- Have a valid bank account.
- Live in an eligible state.
Avant’s partners don’t offer financing in Colorado, Iowa, Vermont or West Virginia.
How does borrowing through Avant work?
First, check your loan options by submitting some personal details such as your name, address, social security number and income. If you qualify, you’ll be given loan options without it affecting your credit score.
If you are approved, you can generally receive your funds in as little as one business day if approved by 4:30pm CT Monday to Friday.
Avant branded credit products are issued by WebBank, member FDIC.
What are the benefits of an Avant personal loan?
When you apply and are approved for a loan through Avant, you’ll enjoy the following features and benefits:
- Check your loan options before you apply. You’re able to check your loan options before you apply, all without it affecting your credit score.
- Sign your contract online. No need to walk into a branch to sign your contract, you’re able to e-sign the agreement.
- Easy application and quick turnaround time. The whole application process is completed online, and you can usually expect funds to be in your account by the following business day if approved.
- Use funds for a range of purposes. You can consider applying for a personal loan through Avant to help you finance a home renovation, to consolidate debt or to cover a financial shortfall.
- Automatic payments. You can make payments by setting up an electronic funds transfer via Automated Clearing House (ACH), where your account will be debited on the due date.
- Prepay your loan without additional fees. Avant doesn’t charge prepayment fees, so you can save on interest by paying off your loan early.
What to look out for
- State availability. You won’t be able to get a loan through Avant if you live in Colorado, Iowa, Vermont or West Virginia.
- Not the most competitive rates. With APRS from 9.95%–35.99%, you might be able to qualify for more competitive financing elsewhere if you have good or excellent credit.
- Administrative fee. You will pay 4.75% in administrative fees when you apply for a personal loan through Avant.
- Low loan amounts. You can only borrow up to $35,000 through Avant.
What will the loan cost?
Avant fully discloses all fees and costs for your loan when you apply. The APR you are offered will depend on the state you reside in, your credit score and your financial circumstances. The APR can be as low as 9.95% for approved borrowers and as high as 35.99%.
You will be charged a loan origination fee 4.75%, only if you’re approved. There is no prepayment fee. Your monthly payments depend on the amount you borrow and your loan terms, which can be between two and five years depending on your state of residence.
Example: A $5,700 loan with an administration fee of 4.75% and an amount financed of $5,429.25, repayable in 36 monthly installments, would have an APR of 29.95% and monthly payments of $230.33.
Compare Avant to other personal loan options
How to apply for a personal loan through Avant
If you’re interested in finding out your loan options through Avant or submitting your application, click the “Go to Site” button. You will need to meet some initial eligibility criteria, which include:
- You must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
- You must be at least 18 years old (19 years old in Alabama).
- You must have a valid bank account.
You’ll also need to gather additional information before applying, such as:
- Your name, contact information, Social Security number and date of birth.
- How much you want to borrow and the purpose of the loan.
- Your monthly net income.
Once you’ve submitted this information you will be given a preliminary decision. Remember to review the conditions of the loan before submitting your full application or accepting an offer. You can also compare your other loan providers to be sure you’re getting the best offer you qualify for.