Auto Approve car loan refinancing review
Compare offers from banks, credit unions and other lenders with one online form.
- Best for comparing offers from multiple lenders at once.
- Pick something else if you want upfront rates and terms before filling out an online form.
Min. Loan Amount
Jennifer Gimbel has over five years of experience informing editorial strategy at one of Disney’s digital media brands. Now as loans editor at Finder, she strives to create engaging, transparent content to help readers find products to meet their financial goals. On the weekends, you can catch Jenn at the dog park with her pup Olive or exploring the streets of Brooklyn — iced coffee in hand.
Auto Approve is ideal if you’re looking to refinance your auto loan, but aren’t sure where to start. You can compare offers from banks, credit unions and online lenders by filling out just one online form. It’s willing to refinance multiple types of vehicle loans, including motorcycle, RV, boat and ATV loans. And you might be able to hold off on making your first payment for 90 days.
But it’s not transparent about what specific lenders it works with. And you won’t have any idea of what rates and terms you might qualify for until submitting its online form — which will cause your credit score to take a hit. Plus, it doesn’t disclose any hard-and-fast credit requirements.
Prefer to apply with a refinancing provider directly? Compare your other options below.
First, am I eligible?
To qualify for refinancing with Auto Approve, you need to meet the following criteria at a minimum:
- Monthly income of at least $1,500
- Payoff amount of current loan is more than $7,500
- Vehicle is 10 years old or newer
- Vehicle has less than 150,000 miles
The lender you’re connected with may have additional eligibility requirements.
What states is Auto Approve refinancing available in?
Auto Approve car loan refinancing is available to residents of all 50 states.
What types of auto loans does Auto Approve offer?
Auto Approve is a connection service that works with a network of banks, finance companies and credit unions to offer auto loan refinancing. On top of refinancing your car loan, you can also refinance the following types of vehicle loans:
- Refinancing available for several different types of vehicles
- Compare multiple lenders with one online form
- Available in all 50 states
- Option to hold off on making your first payment for 90 days
- Not up front about rates or terms
- Doesn’t disclose specific lenders in its network
- Unclear credit requirements
- Submitting its online form will affect your credit
Compare other car loan refinancing providers
How do I get started?
You can get connected with a lender by calling 844-238-3075 or filling out a quick online form on Auto Approve’s website. Follow these steps to get started online:
- Go to Auto Approve’s website and click Get a Quote in Minutes.
- Select whether you’re interested in refinancing by yourself or with a coborrower.
- Select the type of inquiry you’re making and your primary goal. Click Next.
- Enter information about your vehicle, current loan, where you live and your employment.
- Submit the form and wait to hear back about a decision.
You should receive a decision within minutes. If approved, an Auto Approve loan specialist will reach out to review the details of the best offer.
What documents do I need?
You’ll need to have the following documents on hand when filling out Auto Approve’s online form:
- Driver’s license
- Current proof of insurance
- Current registration
You may also be required to submit additional documentation depending on the lender you’re connected with.
How do repayments work with Auto Approve?
It depends on the lender you’re connected with. Your first payment is usually due around 45 days after the date on your contract. However, you might qualify to hold off on making your first payment for 90 days — reach out to Auto Approve or your lender for more information.
Find out how Auto Approve stacks up to the competition with our guide to car loan refinancing.