Review: Asiana Visa Signature® Credit Card
A solid card for frequent Asiana Airlines flyers, though as a general travel card it’s outclassed by several competitors.
Known for: The card for loyal Asiana Airlines customers
Minimum credit score: 670 (Good)
The Asiana Visa Signature® Credit Card is a good choice if you fly often with Asiana Airlines, as it offers a decent 3 miles per dollar spent on Asiana purchases, along with other ways to earn miles. But consider whether your yearly spending creates enough bonus miles for you, since the card comes with a $99 annual fee.
Points as welcome offer
Up to 3x
17.24% to 25.24%
Purchase APR (variable)
|Product Name||Asiana Visa Signature® Credit Card|
|Purchase APR||17.24% to 25.24% variable|
|Balance transfer APR||17.24% to 25.24% variable|
|Balance transfer fee||$10 or 3% of the transaction, whichever is greater|
|Cash advance rate||20.24% to 27.24% variable|
|Cash advance fee||$10 or 5% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Penalty APR||29.99% fixed|
|Foreign transaction fee||None|
|Interest free period||Up to 25 days|
|Late payment fee||Up to $38|
|Returned payment fee||Up to $27|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
Asiana Visa Signature® Credit Card at a glance
- Bonus miles conditions: Earn 30,000 after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days from account opening.
- Rewards miles per dollar: 3 miles for every dollar spent in Asiana Airlines purchases; 2 miles for every dollar spent on gas and groceries; 1 mile for every dollar spent on all other purchases
- Rewards miles cap: 200,000 each calendar year
- Miles expiration: 10 years for Magic Miles/Silver/Gold members; 12 years for Diamond members or higher
Purchases, balance transfers and cash advances
- APR for purchases (purchase rate): 17.24% to 25.24% variable based on your credit
- Intro APR for balance transfers: No lower intro APR is offered
- Balance transfer request time: Allow 2 weeks
- Balance transfer limit: Up to credit limit
- Cash advance rate: 20.24% to 27.24% variable (based on your credit) for direct deposit and check cash advances; 25.74% for bank cash advances
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% fixed
- Annual fee: $99 p.a
- Balance transfer fee: $10 or 3% of the transaction, whichever is greater
- Cash advance fee: $10 or 3% of the transaction, whichever is greater for direct deposit and check cash advances; $10 or 5% of the transaction amount (whichever is greater) for ATM, over-the-counter, same-day online, and cash equivalent cash advances; $12 per transaction for overdraft protection cash advances (if enrolled)
- Foreign transaction fee: $0
- Late payment fee: Up to $38
- Returned payment fee: Up to $27
- Minimum interest: $1.50
Is the Asiana Visa Signature® Credit Card worth it?
It might be worth taking a look at the Asiana Visa Signature® Credit Card if you’re a frequent Asiana Airlines flyer: The card comes with a 30,000-mile introductory bonus and a 3 mile multiple on Asiana spending. You’ll also enjoy yearly bonuses like invitations to the Asiana Airlines lounge, a 10,000 Bonus Miles Certificate, and a $100 annual rebate on purchased Asiana flights.
Beyond offering no foreign transaction fees, the card does leave something to be desired in terms of consistent perks. The yearly gifts are solid, but more regular rewards like a free checked bag each flight or discounts on in-flight purchases (like the JetBlue Plus Card offers, for example) would be very welcome.
The Asiana Visa Signature® Credit Card comes with a $99 annual fee, so consider your typical spending and the resulting bonus miles you’ll earn. For that price, there may be better travel cards for you like the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card ($95 annual fee).
What are the benefits of the Asiana Visa Signature® Credit Card?
- 30,000-mile introductory bonus. Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in the first 90 days.
- 3x miles on Asiana Airlines purchases. For every dollar you spend at Asiana Airlines, you’ll earn 3 miles.
- 2x miles on gas and groceries. For every dollar you spend on gas and groceries, you’ll earn 2 miles.
- 1x mile on everything else. For every dollar you spend in all other categories, you’ll earn 1 mile.
- Annual bonuses for being a cardholder. Every year, you’ll receive 2 invitations to Asiana Airlines lounges, a 10,000 Bonus Miles Certificate, and a $100 rebate on Asiana ticket purchases. (See the FAQs section below for more details.)
- $0 foreign transaction fees. You can make international purchases with your card without having to pay a foreign transaction fee.
What to watch out for
- $99 annual fee. The card’s features are mostly geared toward Asiana flights, so consider whether your spending (and flying frequency on Asiana) makes the fee worth paying.
- Higher APR range for cash advances. Direct deposits and check cash advances come with a higher APR range of 20.24% to 27.24% variable. Bank cash advances come with a 27.24% variable APR. You’ll also need to pay cash advance fees.
- Common fees. Though the Asiana card doesn’t come with foreign transaction fees, it does come with balance transfer and cash advance fees, which is typical of most credit cards.
- Sliding APR scale. Depending on your credit, your APR will be set between 17.24% to 25.24% variable.
Am I eligible?
If you’d like to apply for the Asiana Visa Signature® Credit Card, we recommend meeting these requirements first:
- Good to excellent credit (670+). Since the Asiana Visa Signature® Credit Card is a rewards card, it’s recommended you apply with fairly strong credit.
- At least 18 years of age or at least 21 years of age if you’re a permanent resident of Puerto Rico. Unfortunately, you can’t be approved if you don’t meet this requirement.
What information do I need to apply?
- Your name and residential address
- Your employment information
- Your email address, phone number and date of birth
- Financial information like your annual income
Compare other Bank of America credit cards
How to apply for the Asiana Visa Signature® Credit Card
- Head over to the application page at Bank of America.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button on the Bank of America page.
- Fill out the application with general information about yourself (name, address, etc.), financial information (employment, income, etc.) and contact information.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Review your information and submit your application.
I got the credit card! Now what?
Keep these tips in mind while using your card:
- Keep making monthly payments on time. Paying late even once can hurt. You may incur a penalty APR of up to 29.99% fixed that may last indefinitely. You may also incur a late fee of up to $38.
- Schedule automatic payments with Bank of America. You can schedule full or minimum payments.
- Know how to contact Bank of America if you have an issue:
Call customer service: 1.800.732.9194.
Direct message them on Twitter: @BofA_Help
Private message them on Facebook using the app: www.facebook.com/BankofAmerica
There are better general airline cards out there, but the Asiana Visa Signature® Credit Card is a solid choice if you regularly fly Asiana.