Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Apple back-to-school: Best deals and what to expect
Save up to $200 on select products, plus get a free pair of AirPods.
Updated . What changed?
Apple rarely offers significant markdowns on its products, making the back-to-school season one of the best times to buy everything from MacBooks to Beats by Dr. Dre headphones and more.
When is the Apple back-to-school sale?
Apple launched its back-to-school promotion early this year: the sale is happening now. Apple’s back-to-school sale usually starts in early July and runs until late September.
Will Apple have a back-to-school sale this year?
Yes! Apple’s promotion has begun.
How do I shop the Apple sale?
To be eligible for Apple’s education pricing and back-to-school discounts, you need to fall into one of these categories:
- K-12 teachers, staff and administrators
- Homeschool teachers
- Higher education students, teachers and staff, parents of students
If you’re eligible, head to Apple’s Education Store online or your local Apple Store to shop the sale.
What kind of deals to expect
Apple has a history of running similar deals year-to-year, which typically include freebies and other perks when you buy select MacBooks and iPads. This year, it’s offering a pair of AirPods with select Mac and iPad purchases. You can also save up to $100 on an iPad and get 20% off AppleCare.
Best Apple deals right now
Ways to save even more
Finding a discount on Apple products takes some research, patience and a little bit of luck. Fortunately, we’ve found some solid ways to save if you missed or don’t qualify for the back-to-school sale:
- Shop the Education Store year-round. If you qualify for the Apple education discount, you can still snag deals on select products long after this yearly sale is over.
- Get a military discount. Current and veteran members of the US military, National Guard and Reserve and their immediate family members are eligible for special pricing on Apple products.
- Buy last year’s models. Brand-new releases of MacBooks, iPads and iPhones carry a hefty price tag. But if you can stick it out a few more months or settle for last year’s model, you could potentially save hundreds.
- Take advantage of Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards perks. Use your Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards credit card to cash in on no-interest financing for up to 18 months, plus earn rewards points with every purchase.
- Get 3% Daily Cash with the Apple Card. Instantly earn up to 3% cash back with every purchase you make using your Apple credit card. There are no annual or late fees, and you won’t be charged any interest for the first 30 days.
Other tech deals
Don’t qualify for Apple education pricing, but still want a deal? Try these top retailers that are known for offering authentic Apple products at a discount:
- Best Buy runs Apple sales events throughout the year that often coincide with Apple’s own back-to-school sale.
- Amazon often has similar or even better markdowns on MacBooks, iPads, Apple Watches and more.
- Walmart usually offers small deals on iPhones and accessories like AirPods, smart keyboards, charging cables, Beats headphones and more.
Top Apple deals online
Shop the latest MacBook Pro model. Available now!
The new 16" MacBook Pro now available at Best Buy
Shop Apple devices and accessories now available at Amazon
Shop from the official Apple Store on Amazon and take advantage of your Prime benefits
Apple sale event: Save on Apple products and accessories
Savings on iMacs, iPads, iPhones and more
Buy Apple iPhone XS now
Bag up back-to-school bargains on the latest Apple products — and earn freebies too — when you shop Apple’s yearly sale for students and educators.
Ask an Expert