The American Express Experiences program — formerly known as American Express Entertainment — is designed to reward cardholders who regularly attend concerts, fashion events or sporting events. It allows eligible cardholders to enjoy access to better seats at eligible events without paying extra, and, in some cases, it also gives cardholders first crack at buying tickets. Here’s how the program works and how you can opt in.
All you need is an eligible American Express card and a Ticketmaster account. As of this writing, only the The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card and The Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card don’t have this feature listed. Once you have the two, here’s how to use the program:
- Go to the ticketmaster.com/americanexpress website or the global.americanexpress.com/entertainment/home.
- Search for the event you wish to visit or browse for available offers.
- If eligible, on the Ticketmaster site under “Type” select the American Express preferred seating option.
- Purchase the tickets with your Amex card or pay with points.
How do I pay with points?
To pay with points, you need to call 800-AXP-EARN. The value of points when redeemed at Ticketmaster is 0.5 cents each, meaning you need 10,000 membership reward points to redeem for a $50 ticket. This is a low value, considering you can get 1 cent per point for other redemption options.
American Express events
Some of the events where you can use preferred seating or ticket presales are:
- WWE Monday Night Raw in TD Garden, Boston
- New York Open – First Round Main Draw in NYCB LIVE, Home of The Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum Uniondale, NY
- Tootsie in Marquis Theater, New York
- Elton John: Farewell Yellow Brick Road in Chase Center, San Francisco
Find out all the other events at Ticketmaster.
If you often go to concerts or sporting events, consider American Express Entertainment. With the American Express Entertainment program, you get preferred seating at select events, and you sometimes get access to presale tickets.
To access these features, you need an American Express card. But if this is a feature you would rarely use, compare other credit cards.