Purchase protection is a useful perk, especially if you use your card to buy more expensive items, like smartphones, laptops or clothing brands. This benefit costs nothing extra to use and provides coverage on purchases that have been stolen or damaged.
Does Amazon have purchase protection?
Amazon offers purchase protection to its Visa Signature cards issued by Chase and the Amazon business credit cards issued by American Express.
The coverage between these cards slightly varies:
- Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card – $500 per claim, $50,000 per account for 120 days from the date of purchase.
- Amazon Business American Express Card – $1,000 per claim ($500 in case of a natural disaster), $50,000 per calendar year for 120 days for the date of purchase.
Note: NY residents get 90 days of coverage instead of 120.
How to use Amazon purchase protection
Amazon purchase protection is a simple perk to use. Here’s how:
- Make an eligible purchase with your credit card.
- In case of theft or damage, call 877-631-0919 for the Amazon Visa Signature card or 800-322-1277 for the Amex business cards to receive a claim form.
- Submit the completed form along with any additional documents.
- Wait for your claim to be processed.
Compare credit cards with purchase protection
Who gets to use Amazon purchase protection?
This perk is available to the main cardholder who uses the card to make the purchase.
Amazon purchase protection is a cool feature to have as you’ll get coverage between $500 and $1,000 against theft and damage on eligible purchases for up to 120 days from the date of purchase.
But if you don’t find the Amazon cards appealing enough, compare other cards with purchase protection to find a card that’s right for you.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Sable ONE Secured Credit Card Review
A user-friendly secured card with no credit check required.
Bread Cashback™ American Express® Credit Card review
A simple 2% cashback card that could benefit from extra features.
8 financial experts predict the next big credit card trend
Travel and cashback credit cards are a few cards to watch out for.
Aspire® Cash Back Reward Card Review
A credit building card held back by fees.
IHG® Rewards Premier Business Credit Card Review
A strong business hotel card for a surprisingly low price.
Oportun® Visa® Credit Card review
Build credit without the need for a credit history.
Bank of America® Business Advantage Unlimited Cash Rewards Mastercard® credit card review
Earn up to 2.62% back depending on your Preferred Rewards membership.
Save Wealth Card review
Earn up to 6% back through your everyday spending.
7 financial experts reveal which credit cards they own
We asked 7 financial experts what credit card they have in their wallet right now. Here’s the skinny.
Ask an Expert