Amazon-branded credit cards offer strong cash back in select categories, in addition to purchase and travel benefits. One secondary protection that might be helpful is an extended warranty, which Visa 0ffers.
Do Amazon credit cards have extended warranties?
The Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card and Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card have extended warranties. These policies offer repairs, replacements or reimbursement for product failures after original manufacturer warranties expire.
How to use Amazon credit card extended warranties
- Buy an eligible item entirely with your Visa card.
- To make a claim, call the Visa benefit administrator within 60 days of product failure at 800-551-8472. Alternatively, you can make your claim at the Card Benefit Services website.
- Complete and sign the claim form and return relevant information within 90 days of product failure.
Additional information to include with your claim form
Besides your claim form, send the following information to your Visa benefit administrator:
- You Visa card receipt showing you charged the entire purchase to your card.
- An itemized store receipt.
- A copy of the original manufacturer’s US warranty.
- A serial number and description of the item.
- The original repair order for the item.
- Other information or documentation that supports your claim.
What happens after I submit my claim?
After your benefit administrator receives all necessary information, look for a decision within five business days. If your claim is approved, the benefit administrator will repair or replace the item up to the maximum allowed.
Amazon credit card extended warranty policy
When you make an eligible purchase with your Amazon card, the manufacturer’s warranty will be extended up to a year. For this benefit to apply, the original warranty must be three years or less.
How long do Amazon credit card extended warranties cover me for?
- If your original manufacturer’s warranty is less than a year, your Amazon card will double it.
- If your original manufacturer’s warranty is for one to three years, your Amazon card will extend it by a year.
How much do Amazon extended warranties cover me for?
Your Amazon card’s extended warranty covers you up to the original price of the item according to your Visa card receipt. Visa sets a maximum of $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account.
What’s not eligible for Amazon extended warranties?
Unfortunately, your card’s extended warranty doesn’t cover everything. Here are several items that are excluded:
- Motorized vehicles and their equipment — such as cars, boats and aircraft.
- Costs not covered under the original manufacturer’s warranty.
- Items you buy for resale, or for commercial or professional use.
- Real estate and items that are to be added to real estate.
- Leased or rented items that you didn’t pay for in full right away.
- Computer software.
- Medical equipment.
- Used or pre-owned items.
Compare Amazon credit cards with extended warranties
Who gets to use Amazon extended warranties?
You’ll qualify for extended warranties if you’re an eligible cardmember of an Amazon Visa Signature card issued in the US.
With a qualifying Amazon credit card, you can get extended warranties up to a year on eligible items. If these cards aren’t right for you, compare the extended warranty feature on other credit cards.
Frequently asked questions
What’s the extended warranty if I buy an item outside the US?
As long as you bought the item with your eligible Visa card and the item has a valid original warranty of three years or less, the extended warranty applies.
Do I have to make a claim with other forms of insurance before claiming with my Visa extended warranty policy?”]Yes. If you have an extended warranty or another type of coverage from another source, you must claim there first.
What happens if I didn’t register my product to qualify for an extended warranty?
You don’t have to register your product to activate your extended warranty. However, Visa encourages you to do so by calling 800-551-8472. If you register your item in advance, you can expedite your claim because you’ll be required to submit fewer documents.
More guides on Finder
How to understand and buy CryptoPunks
CryptoPunks is a pioneering collection of 10,000 pixelated NFT artworks that have sold for millions of dollars at auction over the last year. Learn what makes them unique and valuable and how to buy them.
Sable Bank account review
Sable’s debit card earns rewards, but you can’t deposit checks or use ATMs for free.
Capital One SavorOne Student Cash Rewards Credit Card review
An excellent new student card for unlimited cash back.
Online store credit cards with guaranteed approval
It’s easy to qualify for these online store cards.
Delta Medallion status: How does it work and why you should get it
Ascend through its ranks and Delta Medallion Status pays off with additional perks and benefits for SkyMiles members.
United Quest℠ Card review
The Chase United Quest piles on the perks without breaking the bank.
Stash debit card review
The Stash debit card earns fractional shares as rewards, but balances don’t earn interest.
Texas disaster assistance for the 2021 Winter Storm
Here’s where to get financial help for yourself and your business if you’ve been affected by the storm in February 2021.
Best rewards credit cards of 2021
Take advantage of miles, points and perks with a card that best fits your lifestyle.
Best balance transfer credit cards of 2022
Here are the best balance transfer cards for 2021.
Ask an Expert