Amazon Business Prime American Express Card review
Earn one of the highest cashback rates on Amazon purchases.
- Get this card if you use Amazon Web Services or Amazon for your business purchases.
- Pick something else if you don’t have an Amazon Prime membership.
- Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Up to 5%
15.74% to 23.74%
Purchase APR (variable)
|Welcome offer||$125 Amazon.com gift card upon approval|
|Rewards||Either 5% back on up to $120,000 (then 1%) or enjoy 90 day terms on US purchases at Amazon Business, AWS, Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market. 2% back at US restaurants, US gas stations, and US wireless telephone services and 1% back on other purchases|
|Purchase APR||15.74% to 23.74% variable|
|Balance transfer APR||N/A|
|Minimum Credit Score||670|
Kliment Dukovski is a cryptocurrency and investments writer who has written over 700 articles to help readers find and compare the best financial options. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange and stock market trading.
Companies that use Amazon Business, Amazon.com and Amazon Web Services (AWS) — including cloud services, database storage and content delivery — can benefit from a card like the Amazon Business Prime American Express Card. With this card, you can either earn cash back on these purchases or get an intro APR.
However, to get this card you need an eligible Amazon Prime membership or a Business Prime membership.
Amazon Business Prime American Express Card benefits
- Choose your rewards. You have the option to earn 5% cash back as a statement credit on US purchases at Amazon Business, AWS, Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market on up to $120,000 annually, reverting to 1% after. Alternatively, you may choose an interest-free period on those purchases. After the interest-free period, your rate reverts to a 15.74% to 23.74% variable APR (Terms apply, see rates & fees).
- Cash back. On purchases at US restaurants, US gas stations and on wireless telephone services from US service providers you earn 2% cash back. Everything else you buy earns 1%. This cash back is earned as a statement credit on your account.
- Welcome offer. Once you’re approved for the card, get a $125 Amazon gift card.
- Amazon business tools. Simplify your business expense reconciliation and get insights on your company purchases. In addition, set up spending limits for authorized users, set shared payment methods and more.
- American Express management tools. The card comes with Amex business tools, such as the American Express® Business App, account manager, the option to connect to QuickBooks and more.
- No foreign transaction fees. When traveling outside of the US, use your card freely and you won’t pay foreign transaction fees.
Amazon Business Prime American Express Card drawbacks
- Prime membership required. To get this card, you must be an eligible Amazon Prime or Business Prime member. Amazon Prime costs $119 annually, while Business Prime costs $179 for up to three users.
- Penalty APR. Make your payments on time or you’ll pay a penalty APR of 29.99% variable. This can last for a minimum of 12 months if you fail to make on-time payments.
- Short 0% APR period. You can only get 90 interest-free days for Amazon Business, AWS, Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market purchases if you choose this option instead of cash back. But you won’t get a longer 0% intro APR period. If that’s what you’re looking for, check out 0% intro APR cards.
Compare similar business credit cards
If this card isn’t right for you, compare other business cards on the market. Consider factors such as the card’s annual fee, APR and rewards.
Business owners who are Amazon Prime or Business Prime members could find this card extremely helpful — especially if you use Amazon Business, AWS, Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market. You also get to choose between 90 interest-free days or 5% cash back for purchases in these categories.
Aside from that, you also earn accelerated cash back at US restaurants, US gas stations and on wireless telephone services from US service providers.
If this card doesn’t quite fit your business, check out other business credit cards and compare your options.