Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Allswell: Mattress review
A firm mattress that reshapes to its original form after a good night's sleep.
Allswell — a Walmart brand — now offers three hybrid foam and coil mattresses priced significantly lower than much of the competition. Can a budget-friendly bed-in-a-box stand up to the quality and comfort of other higher-priced models out there? I tried Allswell’s lowest-priced option to see how it stacks up.
I had been sleeping on my all memory foam mattress for five years before I considered replacing it. Having always enjoyed a firm mattress, I started to dislike the sinking feeling that happened where I positioned myself the most. That’s why Allswell’s Supreme mattress was a clear choice for my next mattress. It’s a hybrid of foam and coils that makes it have more integrity than an all-foam mattress.
- Size reviewed: Queen
- Cost: $345
- Trial period: 100 days
- Warranty: 10 years
- Free shipping: Yes
- Shipping time: 2 days
Unpacking the mattress
The mattress arrived in a box at my apartment front door. Because I wasn’t home to receive the package, I’m glad the delivery person placed it at my front instead of in the mailroom since the box is very heavy. Allswell also offers white glove delivery for a fee, if you want a person there to unpack and set up the mattress for you.
Bringing it to the bedroom was the hard part. I had to roll the box on its alternating sides through the foyer and hallway to get it into my bedroom. I’m sure my downstairs neighbors weren’t too happy about the thumping that took place.
Next was the unraveling of this bed-in-a-box mattress. I successfully removed the plastic, and the mattress unraveled on its own easily. I made the mistake of removing the plastic before the mattress was on the bed frame. This meant I was in for another strength test of lifting the mattress off the floor and onto the bed frame. It didn’t take long, but could’ve been easily avoidable by more apparent instructions.
Quick tip for setting up a bed-in-the-box mattress. Unwrap it on the bed frame to avoid the hassle of having to move it after it’s unraveled.
After the Supreme mattress was successfully on my bed frame, it was all uphill from there. I initially liked that it’s taller than my last mattress. My last mattress measured at 9 inches tall. The Supreme is 14 inches tall. There are also handles on the side, which make shifting its position easier.
I kept my old mattress on the floor in case I needed some time to fully adjust to the new one. After two weeks, I was completely sold on the Allwell Supreme and discarded my old mattress.
Four months in
I have no complaints! In addition to the structural integrity I was initially looking for in a new mattress, I’ve come to like even more features of the Allswell Supreme. It has a quilted, Euro top that adds a comfortable textured layer when you sleep.
I’ll probably get new pillows soon to mattress the quality of this mattress.
Pros and cons
- It’s firm. If you like a firm mattress, the Allswell Supreme is for you. The Euro top is a nice complement to the firmness, offering a soft textured layer where your body first meets the mattress.
- Its shape hasn’t warped to my sleep position. Unlike my previous mattress that was all memory foam, the Allswell Supreme mattress regains its shape over time. I found that my previous mattress eventually sunk where I slept the most. This Allswell mattress hasn’t done that so far.
- It’s tall. Sleeping higher above the ground gives you a more luxurious feeling. At 14 inches tall, it’s taller than a lot of other mattresses on the market.
- You might need new sheets.The height of the mattress might be too high for some of your standard sheets. One of my sheet sets barely fit now. When buying new sheets, look for deep-pocket sheets so they fit over this taller mattress.
- Setting up a bed-in-a-box mattress is a hassle. If you’re willing to pay for white glove delivery, I recommend purchasing it to have a delivery person do the heavy lifting for you.
Allswell vs. competitors
The Allswell Supreme mattress price sits right in the middle of the market. At just under $1,000, it’s not as expensive as other luxury brands. But it’s not the least expensive option either. Compare the Allswell Supreme mattress to other options below.
As Allswell’s newest model, the Supreme is a clear frontrunner. Its price is right in the middle of the market while offering a high-quality feel you’d find on mattresses twice the price. If you can add it to your purchase, consider the white glove service to help with setting up this bed-in-a-box.
Would you recommend this mattress to a friend?
Yes. Yes! I would recommend this mattress to a friend. It’s high quality and well-priced. If my friend wanted a softer mattress with more give, I might recommend they compare other options though!