Allstate motorcycle insurance review May 2021
Allstate takes the mystery out of getting complete motorcycle insurance.
finder.com’s rating: 3.0 / 5.0
- Get a quote if you have a high-end bike or want extra perks.
- Pick something else if you want the cheapest rates.
- Safe riders with a clean driving record can apply.
New car protection
|States served||All 50 states|
|Roadside assistance||Included free|
|Pay schedule||12 months, monthly|
|Claims methods||online, phone, in-person|
- Basics and upgrades for your motorcycle coverage
- Protect yourself and your family with rider protection
- Equipment & upgrades coverage option
- New bike replacement
- No discounts for homeowners, military, online quote or multiple cars
- Customer service is ranked average
Roslyn McKenna is an insurance expert who's driven to help people get a great deal on insurance to protect their families and finances. Roslyn earned a BA in writing and communications from Maryville College and has written professionally for more than a decade, showing up on Bankrate, MSN and Reader's Digest.
If there’s one word to describe Allstate’s motorcycle insurance, it’s this: comprehensive. Policies come with a variety of benefits to get you back on the road in case of an accident, and have additional options exclusively for Harley-Davidson riders.
When choosing the insurance that’s right for you, Allstate has options to keep you covered in almost any situation. However, a lack of fairly common discounts, such as homeowners or those for multiple policies, can make for rates that are more expensive than what similar providers offer.
How to apply for Allstate motorcycle insurance
Apply online at Allstate’s website or contact an agent.
What info do I need?
- Name and date of birth
- Residential address
- Driving records
- Prior insurance
- Claim and credit history
- Details about the items within the residence including value
What motorcycle coverage can I get from Allstate?
When you’re looking for full coverage for you and your bike, Allstate maps out what you need for total protection.
- Bodily injury liability coverage. When you’re facing medical expenses and lost wages due to an injury or the death of another driver you can be covered if you are at fault.
- Property damage liability coverage. Damaging another person’s property can be a stressful situation, but with this coverage you could have these expenses paid if you are at fault. There are some cases in which you may still be liable for other vehicles, residences, storefronts, or other structures, so it is important to read and fully understand your policy.
- Medical payments. Medical payments that are necessary such as an ambulance ride or x-ray can be covered if you or a passenger are injured.
- Personal injury protection. Lost income, funeral expenses, childcare, and medical expenses are paid out if you are hurt or fatally injured in an accident.
- Collision coverage. A collision with another vehicle or object that results in damage to your motorcycle is covered under this.
- Comprehensive coverage. If you sustain damages to your bike from something other than a collision with another vehicle you can be covered for all repairs up to the cash value of your bike.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist bodily injury. This covers yours and your passenger’s injuries if another driver is at fault for a collision you’re in.
What extra perks and benefits can I get with Allstate?
Allstate provides several optional and included benefits for your motorcycle insurance policy.
- Towing and labor. The cost of labor and towing is reimbursed if you get in a collision or your bike breaks down. This is a feature that may be purchased, but is automatically applied to policies for Harley-Davidson Touring and Touring Sport bikes.
- Rental reimbursement. If your bike is stolen or is being repaired, you can get help with the cost of a rental.
- Motorcycle and off-road vehicle transport trailer damage. Damage to or loss of your motorcycle and trailer can be covered for anything from a collision to earthquakes.
- Lease/loan gap. In the case of theft or you totaling your bike, this will cover the difference between the value of your bike and what is owed on the motorcycle loan or lease.
- Accident forgiveness. When you have an accident–whether you are at fault or not–you can get your first one waived. Your premium will not increase so long as you meet a few qualifications and this service is offered at no extra cost to you.
- Genuine parts guaranteed. If your bike is in need of repairs that fall under this policy, you’ll be able to rest assured that all parts used will be from the manufacturer.
- New bike replacement. Totaling a new motorcycle may not be the end of your biking days. With new motorcycle replacement coverage you can get a brand new bike.
- Protection for your family. In the event that you are in a serious or fatal accident you or your family could receive a death and dismemberment cash benefit under the Rider Protection Program.
- Optional or added equipment. Your policy comes with coverage of $1,000 worth of aftermarket upgrades and the ability to purchase up to $30,000 in coverage.
Alternatives to Allstate motorcycle insurance
Car insurance ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our insurance team analyzes motorcycle insurance companies to help you choose the best motorcycle insurance for you.
We rank insurers from one to five stars based on key factors including customer satisfaction, policy options, price, billing, claims, and support. We create these rankings to help you narrow down an insurance provider that best suits your budget and coverage needs.