Allstate commercial car insurance review
Score additional coverage at no extra cost with one of the largest insurers in the US.
finder.com’s rating: 4.0 / 5.0
If you own a business, there’s a good chance you rely on a car or fleet to get the job done, whether it’s a truck, van or limo. As one of the nation’s largest auto insurers, Allstate offers policies that can protect your people and property with customizable coverage.
|States served||All 50 states|
|Claims methods||online, phone|
|Lifetime repairs guarantee||Yes|
- Local agents.
- Streamlined claims process.
- Flexible coverage.
- Long list of additional coverage.
- Financially strong.
- Not all coverage available nationwide.
- Higher premiums.
- No truck-specific coverage options.
|Bundling discount||Up to 10%|
|Anti-theft device discount||Yes|
|Paid in full discount|
|Safety device discount||Yes|
|Other discounts||Economy car – Up to 10%|
Katia Iervasi is a staff writer who hails from Australia and now calls New York home. Her writing and analysis has been featured on sites like Forbes, Best Company and Financial Advisor around the world. Armed with a BA in Communication and a journalistic eye for detail, she navigates insurance and finance topics for Finder, so you can splash your cash smartly (and be a pro when the subject pops up at dinner parties).
With company cars, any breakdown or setback could mean a loss. Allstate tends to have higher premiums and doesn’t offer all of its coverage options nationwide. However, it has local agents to help you customize your coverage and includes a streamlined claims process to keep you on the road.
How to contact Allstate
For commercial car insurance, your best bet is to contact one of Allstate’s certified business insurance agents.
- Go to Allstate’s business insurance site.
- Type in your city, state, ZIP code or address.
- Click Search to see a list of local agent’s phone numbers, emails and addresses.
Otherwise, reach Allstate by:
- Phone. Call 800-255-7828 or 877-810-2920 at any time.
- Email. Go to the Contact Us page to complete a secure online form..
- Twitter. Tweet @Allstatecares with your questions.
Allstate Insurance Company
PO Box 660598
Dallas, TX 75266
What info do I need to apply?
To speed up your application, keep this information handy.
- Business registration, contact details and type of entity
- Driver’s license number
- Driving history
- Make, model and condition of the cars you need coverage for
- Details about the employees who will be driving those cars, including their driver’s license numbers and driving records
What commercial car insurance does Allstate offer?
Allstate advertises a long list of coverage to protect your business vehicles, each with their own deductibles and limits.
- Bodily injury liability. This required coverage helps pay for the medical costs, loss of income and funeral expenses of other people involved in an at-fault accident.
- Property damage liability. Covers the repairs or replacement of another driver’s car or property in an accident.
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist. Kicks in to cover the injuries or funeral costs of you or your employees, and the damage to your vehicle or property if you’re hit by a driver with little to no insurance.
- Medical payments coverage. Also called personal injury protection, it covers medical costs if you or anyone in your car is injured in an accident. It may also reimburse the loss of wages as a result.
- Collision coverage. Takes care of the damage to your car if you collide with another car or an object, such as a building or tree. It also applies if someone hits your parked car.
- Comprehensive coverage. Pays for the damage or loss to your vehicle caused by things out of your control, like theft and vandalism, extreme weather conditions or animals.
- Business purposes or non-owner insurance. Helps pay for injury and damages caused by your employees when driving their own cars for your business purposes.
- Towing and labor costs. Optional coverage that reimburses you for towing and basic roadside assistance expenses.
- Rental reimbursement. A policy add-on that repays you for the cost of renting a car for up to 30 days while yours is in the shop.
- Sound system coverage. Protects aftermarket and high-end stereo systems after theft or damage.
- Hired automobile coverage. An add-on that extends liability or physical damage coverage to cars you rent short term.
What features does Allstate offer for business?
For commercial car insurance customers, Allstate offers many features at no extra charge:
- Broadened insured coverage. Protects subsidiaries and newly acquired companies with liability coverage.
- Blanket additional insured coverage. If you add people or organizations to your policy as additional insured, they’ll have liability coverage for the work your company performs for them.
- Broad supplementary coverage. Increases the cost of bail bonds from $2,000 to $5,000 and loss adjustment expenses from $250 to $500 a day.
- Fellow employee coverage. Coverage that comes into play if a manager or supervisor negligently injures another employee in an accident.
- Collision waiver. Waives the deductible if you get into a collision with another Allstate-insured driver.
- Temporary substitutes. Extends physical damage coverage to temporary and short-term leased vehicles, like trucks.
- Lease and loan gap coverage. In the event of a total loss, covers the amount you still owe on a lease or loan.
- Personal effects coverage. With comprehensive coverage, pays up to $500 if personal items are stolen from inside your car.
- Glass repair deductible waiver. If your damaged glass can be repaired instead of replaced, Allstate waives the deductible.
- Blanket waiver of subrogation. Agreement to waive the recovery process against another person or organization in the event of a loss.
Allstate commercial car insurance reviews and complaints
Allstate holds an A+ rating with A.M. Best, which means it’s financially strong and has the cash reserves to pay out claims, as of October 2020.
As the third-largest auto insurer in the US, the company has its fair share of fans and critics. Allstate is accredited by the Better Business Bureau and boasts an A- rating for its operations, customer service and satisfaction. The BBB recorded 1,349 complaints in the last three years, all of which were addressed and closed by Allstate.
In JD Power’s 2019 US Auto Insurance Study, Allstate auto insurance appeared in the top tiers, it ranked No. 1 in Florida.
Compare Allstate commercial car insurance to competitors
Where can I get commercial car insurance from Allstate?
Allstate sells commercial car insurance in all 50 states, but select coverage isn’t available nationwide. For example, some policyholders can’t purchase property damage coverage in all areas.
To find out about coverage in your state, call Allstate at 800-255-7828 or your local Allstate agent.
Pros and cons of Allstate commercial car insurance
- Local agents. Speak to the same person every time, and rest easy knowing they’re schooled on the ins and outs of your state.
- Streamlined claims process. Allstate’s claims department is open 24/7 and you can file a claim online, through the app or by phone.
- Flexible coverage. Allstate extends coverage to employees driving their own cars for your business operations and cars you rent short term.
- Long list of additional coverage. Includes towing and labor, rental reimbursement and sound system coverage at no extra cost.
- Financially strong. A powerhouse in the industry, Allstate has the resources to pay out claims — as backed by its A+ rating with A.M. Best.
- Not all coverage available nationwide. While you can buy commercial car insurance in all states, some states are excluded from select coverage, and these limits aren’t entirely transparent on Allstate’s website.
- Higher premiums. Because it relies on commissioned agents, Allstate’s rates tend to be more expensive than competitors.
- No truck-specific coverage options. The insurer lumps all commercial cars in the same category and doesn’t disclose the number of vehicles it can cover.
Common questions about Allstate
Car insurance ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our insurance team analyzes car insurance providers to help you choose the best car insurance for you.
We rank insurers from one to five stars based on key factors including customer satisfaction, policy options, price, billing, claims, and support. We create these rankings to help you narrow down an insurance provider that best suits your budget and coverage needs.