Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Compare Allstate car insurance discounts
Young and elderly drivers might benefit the most from this discount lineup.
Allstate is the second-largest auto insurance company in the US, and it offers a balanced mix of car insurance discounts. If you’re a safe driver with a clean driving record, its safe driver discount and Drivewise program could result in big savings on your premium.
What discounts can I get from Allstate?
Allstate has a strong list of discounts that could take your quote from being too high to being the most competitive. Many of the discounts are fairly standard, and not all discounts are available in every state. You can get the most savings on an Allstate car insurance policy if you’re a young driver, older driver or safe driver.
- Antilock brake. Get a reduced rate if your car is equipped with antilock brakes.
- Antitheft. Shave down your premium even more if there’s an antitheft device in your car.
- Autopay. Save on your rate when you pay your premium with automatic withdrawals.
- Early signing. Sign your policy seven days before it becomes active to receive this discount.
- Multipolicy. If you have both a home and an auto policy with Allstate, you’ll get a discount on each. You can also receive a discount for pairing an auto policy with a life policy.
- New car. Snag this discount if your vehicle is new and you’re the first owner.
- Paperless. Sign up for online insurance documents to receive this discount.
- Paid in full. You can save more when you pay your policy in full instead of in monthly installments.
- Paid on time. Making all of your payments on time in the last year can earn you some savings.
- Safe driver. If you have a clean driving record over the last three years, you can save with this discount.
- Senior citizen. Allstate offers a discount for drivers over 55.
- Smart student. Drivers on your policy under 25 years old can qualify for this discount by meeting any one of three requirements: a B- or better average, attend a school over 100 miles away without a car or successfully complete the Allstate teen driver education program.
- Telematics. Allstate’s Drivewise program tracks certain aspects of your driving and rewards good driving habits with both a premium discount and a cashback feature based on your results. You’ll also save 3% automatically when you sign up and remain active.
How much can I save with Allstate?
You could save well over 30% on your total premium with Allstate by combining various discounts, especially if you qualify for the safe driver discount. However, discounts can only reduce your premium by a certain amount, which will likely never be more than 50%.
Allstate’s reputation in the insurance industry relies less on low rates and more on its network of knowledgeable agents, customer service and providing full coverage. If you maximize your discounts with Allstate, your premium could be very competitive.
How do Allstate’s discounts compare to other insurers?
Allstate’s discounts are fairly standard, though its senior citizen discount isn’t offered by many other companies. Its safe driver discount is also higher than other companies, which means safe older drivers could save the most.
Allstate also offers a defensive driving course specifically for young drivers. This results in a discount for young drivers and provides a strong platform for safe driving habits.
Compare car insurance providers
Allstate offers a variety of discounts that could appeal to young drivers, older drivers and safe drivers. If your initial auto quote is too high with Allstate, be sure to double-check that all available discounts are on your policy.
If you’d like to find out more about other companies, be sure to check out our reviews and comparisons of other insurance companies.
Common questions about Allstate car insurance discounts
Ask an Expert