Allianz is a popular travel insurance company from Virginia. They offer travel insurance for domestic, international and rental cars and have a reputation for quality and ease of their service.
- Collision damage waiver - Up to $40,000
- Existing medical condition
- 24-hour hotline assistance
- Covered reasons
- Convenient quote
- Online purchase
- Affordable pricing
- Rental Car Damage Protector does not include roadside assistance or AD&D coverage
- Must travel more than 100 miles to qualify for rental car insurance
- No coverage for natural disaster or terrorist attacks
Allianz rental car travel insurance review
The question of whether or not to pay for rental car insurance is common. But it may be worth the $9 a day to sit back and enjoy the ride when you’re on vacation, saving you time and money. You’ll be protected if you’re in a covered collision or if you experience loss or damage up to $40,000.
Benefits of Allianz rental car travel insurance
- Convenient quote. Get an easy online quote by providing details of your trip.
- Online purchase. You can purchase Allianz rental car travel insurance right from the website.
- Affordable pricing. You can add on the rental car damage protector for only $9 per day. The rental car coverage can be added on to another policy, or purchased on its own.
- Review period. If you’re not happy with your coverage or decide to cancel your coverage for any reason, Allianz offers a 10-day review period if you haven’t left for your trip or filed a claim.
- Collision damage waiver. You are covered up to $40,000 if your rental car is stolen or damaged in an accident while unattended.
- 24-hour hotline assistance. If you need dental care, emergency cash transfers, legal assistance, to send a message home, help with missed connection flights and lost or stolen travel documents, get help with 24-hour travel assistance.
- Existing medical condition. If you, a traveling companion or family member has an existing medical condition, you could qualify for existing medical condition coverage.
- Covered reasons. Covered reasons include the following: broken windshield, collision with animal, object or another vehicle, damaged by vandalism or fire, damage to tire or if it’s stolen.
- No roadside assistance. Rental car damage protection does not include roadside assistance or AD&D coverage.
How to get Allianz rental car travel insurance
Buying insurance through Allianz is simple and has offices all over the world.
- US citizen
- Be traveling at least 100 miles from home.
- All drivers must be listed on rental agreement.
- Flights must have a departure and return date.
You can request a quote right on Allianz’s website. To purchase the insurance plan, you will need to provide the following information:
- Full name
- Phone number
- Additional traveler information
- Payment information
If you want extra coverage on your rental car in case something unexpectedly goes wrong while traveling, Allianz rental car damage protector is a helpful solution. Before choosing Allianz, be sure to compare it with other travel insurance companies.