Allianz rental car travel insurance review
You can get rental car coverage for $9 a day, but do you need it?
Allianz is a popular travel insurance company with a reputation for quality and ease of service for domestic, international and rental cars.
The question of whether or not to pay for rental car insurance is common. But it may be worth the $9 a day to sit back and enjoy the ride when you’re on vacation, saving you time and money. You’ll be protected if you’re in a covered collision or if you experience loss or damage up to $40,000.
Benefits of Allianz rental car travel insurance
- Convenient quote. Get an easy online quote by providing details of your trip.
- Online purchase. You can purchase Allianz rental car travel insurance right from the website.
- Affordable pricing. You can add on the rental car damage protector for only $9 per day. The rental car coverage can be added on to another policy, or purchased on its own.
- Review period. If you’re not happy with your coverage or decide to cancel your coverage for any reason, Allianz offers a 10-day review period if you haven’t left for your trip or filed a claim.
What’s included with Allianz rental car coverage
- Collision damage waiver. You are covered up to $40,000 if your rental car is stolen or damaged in an accident while unattended.
- 24-hour hotline assistance. If you need dental care, emergency cash transfers, legal assistance, to send a message home, help with missed connection flights and lost or stolen travel documents, get help with 24-hour travel assistance.
- Existing medical condition. If you, a traveling companion or family member has an existing medical condition, you could qualify for existing medical condition coverage.
- Covered reasons. Covered reasons include the following: broken windshield, collision with animal, object or another vehicle, damaged by vandalism or fire, damage to tire or if it’s stolen.
- No roadside assistance. Rental car damage protection does not include roadside assistance or AD&D coverage.
How to get Allianz rental car travel insurance
Buying insurance through Allianz is simple and has offices all over the world.
- US citizen
- Be traveling at least 100 miles from home.
- All drivers must be listed on rental agreement.
- Flights must have a departure and return date.
You can request a quote right on Allianz’s website. To purchase the insurance plan, you will need your:
- Full name
- Phone number
- Additional traveler information
- Payment information
Compare Allianz travel insurance with rental car coverage
If you want extra coverage on your rental car in case something unexpectedly goes wrong while traveling, Allianz rental car damage protector is a helpful solution. Compare Allianz with other travel insurance companies to find the best coverage for you.