Allianz is a well-known and reputable company in the industry for travel insurance. This large insurance company started in 1983, and is A+ rated and accredited with the BBB. Allianz issues international insurance plans that are ideal for individuals and families who want protection while traveling overseas.
- Trip coverage - Depends on plan
- Baggage coverage - Up to $1,000
- 24-hour hotline assistance
- Existing medical coverage - Up to $1,000,000
- Online purchasing
- Global assistance
- Frequent traveler loyalty plan
- CDI coverage is not available to NY and TX residents (except when purchased as a separate policy)
If you frequently travel abroad and want extra coverage for sickness, injury or cancellation, Allianz international travel insurance can help. With a variety of choices to protect you and your family from medical bills, lost luggage and travel with peace of mind.
Allianz insurance plans
The Basic Plan. The most economical choice for domestic and international travels. It includes crucial emergency medical coverage in case you are injured or fall ill on your trip.
Classic Plan. Kids 17 and younger are covered at no charge when traveling with a parent or grandparent. This plan offers emergency medical coverage, and is the most popular plan for family vacations, cruises and tours.
Classic Plan with Trip+. You and your family can enjoy maximum protection for medical emergencies and other unexpected travel events.
Benefits of Allianz international travel insurance
- Online purchasing. You can purchase an insurance plan easily online.
- Global assistance. Allianz travel insurance services clients in over 150 countries, and can help you no matter where you’re traveling.
- Frequent traveler loyalty plan. In the event of a covered trip cancellation, you can be reimbursed for paid frequent flyer mile redeposit fees up to $250. This coverage is included with the Classic plan and Classic plan with trip+.
- Coverage. Each of the three international travel insurance plans offer a wide range of coverage that can help people feel safer while traveling abroad and overseas.
- Review period. If you’re not happy with your coverage or decide to cancel you coverage for any reason, Allianz offers a 10-day review period if you haven’t left for your trip or filed a claim.
|Benefits||Basic plan||Classic plan||Classic plan with trip+|
|Emergency medical coverage||Up to $10,000 in emergency medical coverage and $50,000 for emergency medical transportation||Up to $25,000 for emergency medical coverage and $500,000 for emergency medical transportation||Up to $50,000 and $100,000 for emergency medical transportation|
|Trip interruption||Full cost of trip||150% of trip cost||150% of trip cost|
|Trip delay||Up to $300 daily||Up to $800 daily||Up to $1,600 daily|
|Lost or damaged luggage||$500||$1,000||$2,000|
Add on features
- 24-hour hotline assistance. 24-hour hotline assistance is included with the Basic plan. The Classic plan and Classic plan with trip+ both offer an upgraded version with the 24-hour hotline assistance plus.
- Existing medical coverage. If you, a family member or traveling companion have an pre-existing medical condition, your plan may provide existing medical condition coverage.
- Change fee coverage. If you change your date on your airline ticket, the Classic plan and Classic plan with trip+ can reimburse you $250.
How to get Allianz international travel insurance
Buying insurance through Allianz is simple. The company has offices all over the world, and you can get coverage for most anywhere you travel, y. ou just need to be an US citizen. You can request a quote right on Allianz’s website.
To purchase the insurance plan, you will need to provide the following information:
- Full name
- Phone number
- Additional traveler information
- Payment information
- Dates you’re traveling
If you frequently travel domestically or internationally, and want added protection and coverage, Allianz international travel Insurance is worth looking into. Before choosing Allianz, be sure to compare it with other travel insurance companies.