Allianz Domestic Travel Insurance
Allianz is one of the most well-known companies in the industry for travel insurance. This large insurance company is A+ rated and accredited with the BBB, and has been in operation since 1983. Allianz issues domestic insurance plans that are ideal for individuals and families who want protection while they are traveling away from home.
Allianz Domestic Travel Insurance review
If you frequently travel within the US and want to protect the money you invested in your trips, Allianz offers the perfect solution. Allianz Domestic Travel Insurance makes sure you are covered incase your planned trip unexpectedly goes awry.
The company offers three plans to choose from, including a Basic Plan, a Classic Plan, and an Essential Plan. The Essential Plan can help those who want flexibility in cancelling and interrupting trips. The Basic Plan is an economical choice for domestic and international travelers. The Classic Plan is a popular plan for family vacations, tours, and cruises; It is the only plan that offers Missed Connection Coverage for a missed flight or cruise. The Classic Plan is also the only of the three that covers frequent flyer mile redeposit fees (up to $250), and reimburses fees to change the dates on your airline ticket.
Customers of the plans can enjoy a 10-day review period guarantee. If you are not satisfied with the coverage, you can receive a refund on your insurance premium if you cancel your policy within 10 days of purchase. However, the guarantee is only valid if you have not already filed a claim or left on your trip.
Compare Allianz coverage options
Benefits of Allianz Domestic Travel Insurance
- Online purchasing. You can purchase an insurance plan easily online.
- Global assistance. Allianz services clients in over 150 countries across the world, and can help you no matter where you are traveling to.
- Coverage. Each of the three domestic travel insurance plans offer a wide range of coverage that can help people feel safer while traveling.
- Emergency medical coverage. You have emergency medical and transportation coverage included with both the Basic and Classic Plans. The Basic Plan offers up to $10,000 in emergency medical coverage, and the Classic Plan offers up to $25,000. For emergency medical transportation, the Basic Plan offers $50,000 coverage, and the Classic Plan provides $500,000 coverage.
- Trip coverage. If your trip is interrupted, the Essential and Basic Plans cover up to the amount purchased. The Classic Plan covers up to 150% of the amount purchased. If you need to cancel the trip for any reason, all three plans cover up to the amount purchased.
- Baggage coverage. If your baggage is lost or damaged, the Basic Plan will cover up to $500, and the Classic Plan will cover up to $1,000. If your baggage is delayed, the Basic Plan covers up to $300, and the Classic Plan up to $800.
- 24-hour hotline assistance. The Basic Plan and Essential Plan both offer 24-hour hotline assistance. The Classic Plan offers an upgraded version of the 24-hour hotline assistance with additional features.
- Existing medical coverage. If you, a family member, or traveling companion have an existing medical condition, your plan may provide Existing Medical Condition Coverage.
How to get Allianz Domestic Travel Insurance
Buying insurance through Allianz is simple. The company has offices all over the world, and you can get coverage for most anywhere you travel.
You can request a quote right on Allianz’s website. To purchase the insurance plan, you will need to provide the following information:
- US citizen
- CDI coverage is not available to NY and TX residents (except when purchased as a separate policy)
Required documents and information:
- Full name
- Phone number
- Additional traveler information
- Payment information
If you frequently travel in the US and want added protection and coverage, Allianz Domestic Travel Insurance is worth looking into. Before choosing Allianz, be sure to compare it with other travel insurance companies.