Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Do credit cards offer airline baggage delivery?
Skip baggage claim and have your bags delivered to your home.
While credit cards don’t offer complimentary airline baggage delivery, you can book this service through third-party providers and some airlines. It can be a great alternative to checking your baggage.
What is airline baggage delivery?
With airline baggage delivery, a provider transports your baggage from your home or departing airport to a destination of your choice. For example, you can have your luggage delivered to your home or hotel.
The starting fee per bag is usually around $40, and this fee will increase if the airport is more than 40 miles from the delivery address.
Why use airline baggage delivery?
- You’re thinking about paying to check your baggage anyway.
- You have a lot of luggage you need to bring to your destination.
- You don’t want to worry about your checked baggage once you land at your destination.
- You’re traveling solo with children and don’t want to keep track of so much luggage.
How much does baggage delivery cost?
Pricing varies by provider. Here’s a common pricing structure:
|3-8 bags||Additional $10 per bag|
Most providers will charge more if your final destination is more than 40 miles from the airport. For example, you might pay an additional $1 per mile. Providers also usually set the maximum delivery distance at 100 miles.
Your baggage delivery service may ship bags only to select locations. Check with your provider to see a list of valid destinations.
How to get airline baggage delivery
There are several baggage delivery services. Some airlines offer baggage delivery as well, but most of them work with third-party companies for fulfillment.
Top airline baggage delivery services include:
- Bags. This service delivers for a few top carriers, such as United and American Airlines.
- Luggage Free.
- My Baggage.
- Luggage Forward.
Can I get airline baggage delivery with a credit card?
Credit cards don’t offer this feature. However, there are some that offer free checked bags.
How can I use airline baggage delivery?
There are generally two types of airline baggage delivery services, each with a different fulfillment process.
How to use airline baggage delivery with Bags and most participating airlines
- Book a baggage delivery after you’ve booked your flight. Typically, you must book at least one or two hours before your flight departs.
- Check your baggage at the airport. You may receive a special bag tag that helps baggage delivery agents identify your luggage.
- Skip baggage claim when you land. Your baggage will be delivered to your end destination, usually within four to six hours.
Other baggage delivery services
- Print shipping labels the baggage delivery company provides for you. Or, use the preprinted labels the company sends you.
- Schedule a baggage pickup time. Your delivery company may also let you bring your baggage to a FedEx or UPS location.
- Your baggage will be delivered to your final destination. If it’s sent through a shipping company, you can arrange for it to be held at a FedEx or UPS store.
Who gets to use airline baggage delivery?
You can book baggage delivery regardless of which fare class you’ve purchased. This might be helpful if you tend to fly economy, as this class often doesn’t include free checked baggage.
Airline baggage delivery can make traveling more convenient. It might also help you save, especially if you don’t get free checked baggage.
For airline-specific perks, compare cobranded airline credit card. Not only will you earn miles you can redeem for flights, you may also receive perks such as free checked baggage and priority boarding.
Frequently asked questions
Compare credit cards with excellent concierges
While you won’t find airline baggage delivery with credit cards, some of the best cards offer concierge service, which can help you arrange delivery.
In the table below, you’ll find a few top credit cards with concierge benefits.
More guides on Finder
7+ hotels offering workation packages
Book a workation at one of these hotels and get Internet, coffee, private space and more.
Best credit cards for rewards in 2021
Take advantage of miles, points and perks with a card that best fits your lifestyle.
Best business credit cards for 2021
Here are our top picks for 2021.
Best credit cards for travel in 2021
Here are our picks for the top travel cards on the market.
Alaska Airlines flash sale ends Thursday — flights from $29 one way
Alaska Airlines flash sale ends tonight — flights from $29 one way
Best airline credit cards of 2021
Have your sights set on travel this year? We compared nearly 100 cards to find the best deals and perks.
Air Canada to launch new Chase credit card in the US
Air Canada anticipates launching the new credit card and also joining Chase’s lineup of travel partners in 2021.
Blind cleaning services
Learn how blind cleaning services can help prolong the life of your blinds and eliminate bacteria and viruses both at home and in the office.
What to know about Thanksgiving travel this year — and where to go
You might need to quarantine if you’re visiting one of the many states recommending it for out-of-state travelers.
Peapod is a delivery service that shops, packs and delivers your groceries to your home or business. See a step-by-step guide, customer reviews and what to watch out for.
Ask an Expert