We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Do credit cards offer airline baggage delivery?
Skip baggage claim and have your bags delivered to your home.
While credit cards don’t offer complimentary airline baggage delivery, you can book this service through third-party providers and some airlines. It can be a great alternative to checking your baggage.
What is airline baggage delivery?
With airline baggage delivery, a provider transports your baggage from your home or departing airport to a destination of your choice. For example, you can have your luggage delivered to your home or hotel.
The starting fee per bag is usually around $40, and this fee will increase if the airport is more than 40 miles from the delivery address.
Why use airline baggage delivery?
- You’re thinking about paying to check your baggage anyway.
- You have a lot of luggage you need to bring to your destination.
- You don’t want to worry about your checked baggage once you land at your destination.
- You’re traveling solo with children and don’t want to keep track of so much luggage.
How much does baggage delivery cost?
Pricing varies by provider. Here’s a common pricing structure:
|3-8 bags||Additional $10 per bag|
Most providers will charge more if your final destination is more than 40 miles from the airport. For example, you might pay an additional $1 per mile. Providers also usually set the maximum delivery distance at 100 miles.
Your baggage delivery service may ship bags only to select locations. Check with your provider to see a list of valid destinations.
How to get airline baggage delivery
There are several baggage delivery services. Some airlines offer baggage delivery as well, but most of them work with third-party companies for fulfillment.
Top airline baggage delivery services include:
- Bags. This service delivers for a few top carriers, such as United and American Airlines.
- Luggage Free.
- My Baggage.
- Luggage Forward.
Can I get airline baggage delivery with a credit card?
Credit cards don’t offer this feature. However, there are some that offer free checked bags.
Compare credit cards with airline baggage delivery
While you won’t find airline baggage delivery with credit cards, some cards offer concierge service, which can help you arrange delivery.
In the table below, you’ll find a few top credit cards with concierge benefits.
How can I use airline baggage delivery?
There are generally two types of airline baggage delivery services, each with a different fulfillment process.
How to use airline baggage delivery with Bags and most participating airlines
- Book a baggage delivery after you’ve booked your flight. Typically, you must book at least one or two hours before your flight departs.
- Check your baggage at the airport. You may receive a special bag tag that helps baggage delivery agents identify your luggage.
- Skip baggage claim when you land. Your baggage will be delivered to your end destination, usually within four to six hours.
Other baggage delivery services
- Print shipping labels the baggage delivery company provides for you. Or, use the preprinted labels the company sends you.
- Schedule a baggage pickup time. Your delivery company may also let you bring your baggage to a FedEx or UPS location.
- Your baggage will be delivered to your final destination. If it’s sent through a shipping company, you can arrange for it to be held at a FedEx or UPS store.
Who gets to use airline baggage delivery?
You can book baggage delivery regardless of which fare class you’ve purchased. This might be helpful if you tend to fly economy, as this class often doesn’t include free checked baggage.
Airline baggage delivery can make traveling more convenient. It might also help you save, especially if you don’t get free checked baggage.
For airline-specific perks, compare cobranded airline credit card. Not only will you earn miles you can redeem for flights, you may also receive perks such as free checked baggage and priority boarding.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert