AIG commercial truck insurance review
Tailored coverage for heavyweight trucks, plus specialized customer service.
finder.com’s rating: 3.0 / 5.0
With AIG, you’ll find coverage customized to your driving situation as well as risk consultants and claims reps with industry experience. However, AIG only serves heavyweight trucks, and you’ll need to call for a quote or detailed coverage information.
New car protection
|States served||All 50 states|
|Claims methods||online, email, phone|
|Lifetime repairs guarantee||
- Customized coverage
- Trucking specialists
- High deductibles
- 24/7 claims
- Lack of coverage information
- Complaints about claims company-wide
- Heavyweight trucks only
- Company-owned fleets preferred
Sarah George is a writer at Finder who unravels complicated topics about insurance, business and finance. She's been wordsmithing for nearly five years, after earning an English education degree. Her insurance know-how has been featured on CarInsurance.com. You can usually find Sarah sipping hot tea and talking through movie plots in her downtime.
AIG Truck Insurance Group tailors coverage for your commercial fleet, including risk consulting from specialists. They also have 24/7 claims filing. However, the company only covers heavyweight trucks, and you’ll need to call for specific information since its site doesn’t go into detail about the coverage it offers.
What commercial truck insurance coverage does AIG offer?
AIG offers truck insurance for heavyweight trucks through its own company or partners. Because the company customizes coverage, you may find additional coverage available by talking with a representative.
Coverage listed includes:
- Primary liability. Make sure your truck is lawfully protected against bodily injuries and vehicle damage when your driver is at fault.
- General liability. Pay for damage related to the business rather than the cargo in transit, such as loading dock damage, error in delivery or cases of libel.
- Physical damage. Get your truck repaired and back on the road when an accident leaves it damaged.
- Nontrucking liability. Some AIG partners offer liability when driving the truck off the clock.
- Excess liability. Opt for extra liability limits that kick in when expenses go above the primary and general liability coverage.
What features does AIG offer for businesses?
The company also offers several add-ons for further protection for you or your customer’s vehicles:
- Customized coverage. AIG works with you directly or through its partners to provide the coverage you need.
- Trucking claims specialists. The company uses a dedicated trucking claims unit with knowledge in the field to look into your claims.
- High deductibles. Need to save money? Choose a deductible as high as $50,000 per accident.
- 24/7 claims support. Access AIG’s claims around the clock.
- Experienced consultants. The company states that its risk consultants average 15 years of trucking experience.
AIG commercial truck insurance reviews and complaints
AIG insurance companies have high business ratings, including a B with the BBB and A (Excellent) financial rating with AM Best, as of October 2020.
While there’s not much customer feedback for the trucking group, customers have filed complaints against AIG for its confusing and lengthy claims process. AIG responds to complaints filed with the BBB, resolving many of these issues.
Pros and cons of AIG commercial truck insurance
- Customized coverage. Get a policy that caters to your trucking needs.
- Trucking specialists. Receive risk assessments and claims processing with representatives who know the industry.
- High deductibles. Opt for a high deductible for savings if you can handle the risk.
- 24/7 claims. File a claim anytime day or night, but watch out for a lengthy process to complete claims.
- Lack of coverage information. AIG doesn’t include detailed information about the coverage offered. This may be due to the company customizing your policy.
- Complaints about company-wide claims. The BBB reports multiple complaints about AIG’s claims process. These are across the company as a whole, rather than specific to the trucking group.
- Heavyweight trucks only. AIG serves transportation companies that use trucks heavier than 26,000 pounds.
- For fleets only. The company prefers working with companies who own multiple trucks and hire company drivers.
How to contact AIG
You can get in touch with the company either by phone, mail or online:
- Phone. Call 800-448-2542 with general policy questions.
- Online. Use the company’s contact form from the business section of its website.
- Mail. Send physical documents or packages to:The Truck Insurance Group
PO Box 26610
Shawnee Mission, KS 66225
Alternatives to AIG car insurance
Frequently asked questions about AIG commercial truck insurance
Car insurance ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our insurance team analyzes car insurance providers to help you choose the best car insurance for you.
We rank insurers from one to five stars based on key factors including customer satisfaction, policy options, price, billing, claims, and support. We create these rankings to help you narrow down an insurance provider that best suits your budget and coverage needs.