Adams Community Bank loans review
This Berkshires bank has its hands in the community more than most local lenders.
Bottom line: Adams Community Bank can be a great option for businesses owners who only need the basics and prefer to work with a bank that’s actively involved in the community it serves.
Commercial term loans, commercial lines of credit, SBA loans, commercial mortgages, personal loans, auto loans, home equity loans, HELOCs, mortgages
Types of loans available
|Types of loans available||Commercial term loans, commercial lines of credit, SBA loans, commercial mortgages, personal loans, auto loans, home equity loans, HELOCs, mortgages|
|Number of branches||8|
|Branch hours||Varies by branch; usually 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Saturday at select branches.|
|Customer service hours||9 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
|Customer service options||Phone, form email|
Anna Serio is a trusted lending expert and certified Commercial Loan Officer who's published more than 1,000 articles on Finder to help Americans strengthen their financial literacy. A former editor of a newspaper in Beirut, Anna writes about personal, student, business and car loans. Today, digital publications like Business Insider, CNBC and the Simple Dollar feature her professional commentary, and she earned an Expert Contributor in Finance badge from review site Best Company in 2020.
Adams Community Bank doesn’t have any special loan programs that set it apart. But it’s more involved in the local community than other similar banks. It’s small, but that can be a benefit: While it only has three commercial loan officers, you’ll be working with an expert in your local market.
But, like with most banks of this size, it doesn’t have many online reviews. Before you apply, talk to other local business owners that have worked with this lender.
What is Adams Community Bank?
A few banks share the name Adams Community Bank (ACB). This review is about the ACB that serves businesses and individuals in the Berkshires area of Massachusetts. It's a small, tight-knit bank that's highly involved in the community. Over the past few years it's hosted college prep information nights, donated supplies to local schools and helped a local youth center relocate.
Types of loans available at Adams Community Bank
You can find the following types of financing at this Berkshires bank for business and personal use.
- Commercial term loans. Both short- and long-term financing for a one-time expense to grow your business.
- Commercial lines of credit. Access to cash that can cover working capital and seasonal expenses with a variable rate.
- SBA loans. While it doesn't specify which programs are available, ACB offers loans backed by the Small Business Administration (SBA) to businesses that don't have the assets to qualify for your standard term loan.
- Commercial mortgages. Funds to buy real estate, start a construction project or refinance a current mortgage.
- Personal loans. Term loans to cover a one-time expense or consolidate debt — with no collateral required.
- Automobile loans. Financing for both new and used vehicles with fixed rates, with the vehicle as security.
- Collateral loans. Also known as a secured loan, this option allows you to borrow against your savings account.
- Home equity. ACB offers loans and lines of credit backed by your home to cover a personal expense, such as home improvements.
- Mortgages. Funding to buy a home or refinance an existing mortgage.
How does borrowing with Adams Community Bank work?
You have to apply in-person if you want an ACB business loan — though some loans for personal use are available online. Get started by reaching out to a member of its commercial lending team. The following contact information is accurate as of November 2020.
- Donna Palma. Call 413-749-1125 to set up a meeting at the Park Street branch.
- David Eisenberg. Call 413-749-1158 to set up a meeting at the Main Street branch.
- Tracy McConnell. Call 413-749-1135 to set up a meeting at the Park Street branch.
- Mobile app
- Offers SBA loans
- Involved in local community
- Low-tech website
- Online applications only for personal loans
See other business loans
Compare how Adams Community Bank stacks up against online lenders.
Adams Community Bank reviews and complaints
|Yelp||2.5 out of 5 stars, based on 3 customer reviews|
|Indeed||3.7 out of 5 stars, based on 3 customer reviews|
|Customer reviews verified as of||30 November 2020|
ACB only has a few online reviews — not enough to make any judgments about the quality of customer service or loan types. This is common for a bank with so few branches. Ask around other small business owners in the Berkshires to get a better understanding of what to expect.
What do employees say?
ACB also only has a few employee reviews, most of which are positive — one goes as far as to call it the best job they've ever had. While it's also not enough reviews to get an idea of overall employee morale, it's a good sign. High morale often makes for a positive, long-term experience for business customers.
More products available at this bank
If you choose to borrow from ACB, consider also signing up for these products for personal or business use. Having multiple accounts with a bank can strengthen your application and make it easier to manage your finances.
- Checking and savings accounts
- Merchant services
- Night deposit services
- Safe deposit boxes
- Wire transfers
Unlike most community banks, it doesn't offer credit cards for personal or business use.
Adams Community Bank history
ACB celebrated 150 years in May 2019 in Adams, Massachusetts. Since, it's become a member of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) and the Depositors Insurance Fund (DIF) — a private banking insurance organization that offers extra protection. While it's expanded to eight branches, it doesn't appear to have acquired or have plans to merge with another community bank.
Read about our picks for the best business lenders to see if ACB stacks up.