Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
How to activate a US Bank credit card
There are three ways to activate your card.
Activate your US Bank credit card online, by phone or by using your US Bank mobile app. No matter which option you choose, the card activation process should be speedy.
How to activate your US Bank card online
Here’s how to activate your US Bank card online:
- Visit usbank.com/credit-cards/activate-credit-card
- If you have an online account, log in and activate; if not, click Enroll and activate
- Chose the type of card — personal or business
- Enter your card account number, the last four digits of your SSN and your PIN if you have one
How to activate your US Bank card by phone
If calling customer support is your preferred method to activate your US Bank card:
- Call the number on the card’s sticker if you have one; otherwise, call 800-285-8585
- Follow the prompts and provide your personal information and card number
How to activate your US Bank card with a mobile app
Your third option is to activate your US Bank card with a mobile app.
- Download the US Bank app for iOS or Android
- Log in with the same information as your online banking account
- Find your new card under your accounts and activate it
Compare US Bank credit cards
Now that you’ve activated your US Bank credit card, you can start using it. Once you’re comfortable with your new card, you may want a higher credit line or additional perks that your US Bank card might lack. For example, if you now earn flat rewards on all purchases, consider an additional card with top grocery rewards, or a card that rewards you for any other category where you spend most. The cards in the table below can give you a glimpse of what your next card could look like.
You can activate your US Bank card by enrolling in US Bank’s online banking, calling the number on the card’s sticker or by using your mobile app. Luckily, this process is similar to that of activating any other credit card. As soon as you’re ready, consider adding a complementary second card to your wallet to potentially increase your credit limit and get you additional perks.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert