Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to activate a US Bank credit card
There are three ways to activate your card.
Updated . What changed?
Activate your US Bank credit card online, by phone or by using your US Bank mobile app. No matter which option you choose, the card activation process should take just a few minutes. Here’s how to activate with each method.
How to activate your US Bank card online
Here’s how to activate your US Bank card online:
- Visit usbank.com/credit-cards/activate-credit-card
- If you have an online account, log in and activate; if not, click Enroll and activate
- Chose the type of card — personal or business
- Enter your card account number, the last four digits of your SSN and your PIN if you have one
How to activate your US Bank card by phone
If calling customer support is your preferred method to activate your US Bank card:
- Call the number on the card’s sticker if you have one; otherwise, call 800-285-8585
- Follow the prompts and provide your personal information and card number
How to activate your US Bank card with a mobile app
Your third option is to activate your US Bank card with a mobile app.
- Download the US Bank app for iOS or Android
- Log in with the same information as your online banking account
- Find your new card under your accounts and activate it
Now that you’ve activated your US Bank credit card, you can start using it. Here are a few ways to kick off the new addition to your wallet:
- Check out your US Bank online account. This can let you double-check the activation status of your card. You’ll also find a breakdown of card features and benefits here, which can help you maximize your card value.
- Earn rewards. US Bank has several great reward cards to choose from. Depending on your card, you’ll want to make sure you use it for the specific purchases that will maximize your cash back or points earned.
- Redeem your rewards. Once you’ve built up enough rewards, it’s time to cash out. If you have a US Bank card that earns points, you’ll want to make sure you redeem them for the most value possible.
You can activate your US Bank card by enrolling in US Bank’s online banking, calling the number on the card’s sticker or by using your mobile app. Luckily, this process is similar to that of activating any other credit card. As soon as you’re ready, consider adding a complementary second card to your wallet to potentially increase your credit limit and get you additional perks.
More guides on Finder
If you’re looking for a broker comparable to Vanguard, check out these five contenders.
5 key TD Ameritrade competitors
Thinking of switching from TD Ameritrade? Here are 5 apps like TD Ameritrade that offer valuable benefits.
5 best overwater bungalows in Thailand
Our picks of the best overwater stays in the Land of Smiles from budget-friendly to luxurious.
How to buy Reserve Rights Token (RSR)
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Reserve Rights (RSR) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Curve DAO Token (CRV)
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Curve (CRV) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Acorns alternatives offer lower fees and more investment options. Learn more.
These are the comfiest sweats I’ve worn — and they’re from a sustainable children’s brand
Hanna Andersson’s Organic Cotton Long John is comfortable and available in family sizes. Here’s what I thought of the fit, and details on sustainability.
Where to buy protective masks for wildfire smoke
Find in-stock face masks for wildires, smoke and dust, see our top picks and read tips for using respirator smoke masks.
Bitcoin price recovers but the bloodbath may not be over
The Chairman of Dubai’s IBC Group has pledged a whopping $4.8 billion into Bitcoin, as Microstrategy purchases another $1 billion of BTC.
How to buy Maker (MKR)
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Maker (MKR) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert