Activate your US Bank credit card online, by phone or by using your US Bank mobile app. No matter which option you choose, the card activation process should take just a few minutes. Here’s how to activate with each method.
How to activate your US Bank card online
Here’s how to activate your US Bank card online:
- Visit usbank.com/credit-cards/activate-credit-card
- If you have an online account, log in and activate; if not, click Enroll and activate
- Chose the type of card — personal or business
- Enter your card account number, the last four digits of your SSN and your PIN if you have one
How to activate your US Bank card by phone
If calling customer support is your preferred method to activate your US Bank card:
- Call the number on the card’s sticker if you have one; otherwise, call 800-285-8585
- Follow the prompts and provide your personal information and card number
How to activate your US Bank card with a mobile app
Your third option is to activate your US Bank card with a mobile app.
- Download the US Bank app for iOS or Android
- Log in with the same information as your online banking account
- Find your new card under your accounts and activate it
Getting started with your US Bank card
Now that you’ve activated your US Bank credit card, you can start using it. Here are a few ways to kick off the new addition to your wallet.
- Open your US Bank online account. Once you have your US Bank account verification, you can open your online account. This account lets you monitor your account activity and perform other card related tasks, such as let you double-check the activation status of your card, review your card features and turn on autopay. Here’s how to open your online account.
- Go to US Bank’s website.
- Click on Log In in the top right corner of the screen.
- In the drop-down menu, click on “Create a Username and Password.”
- Fill out the requested information and confirm your information.
- Set up autopay. Turning on autopay is something you should do before nearly anything else. By turning on autopay, you’ll never have to worry about missing a payment. And if you set your payment to your full statement amount each month, you won’t have to worry about interest either.
- Set up your PIN. You’ll need a credit card PIN if you plan on traveling abroad or performing a cash advance. You can set up your PIN by contacting US Bank either online or on the number listed on the back of your card.
- Download the US Bank app. If you didn’t activate your card using the US Bank app, you’ll still want to download it and set it up. It offers a handy way of monitoring your card account from anywhere and also allows you to make changes to your account preferences.
- Add your card to your digital wallet. US Bank allows you to add your credit card to all three major digital wallets, including Apple Pay.
- Earn rewards. US Bank has several great reward cards to choose from. Depending on your card, you’ll want to make sure you use it for specific purchases that will maximize your cash back or points earned.
- Redeem your rewards. Once you’ve built up enough rewards, it’s time to cash out. If you have a US Bank card that earns points, you’ll want to make sure you redeem them for the most value possible.
You can activate your US Bank card by enrolling in US Bank’s online banking, calling the number on the card’s sticker or by using your mobile app. Luckily, this process is similar to that of activating any other credit card. As soon as you’re ready, consider adding a second card to your wallet to potentially increase your credit limit and get you additional perks.
More guides on Finder
U.S. Bank Altitude® Go Visa Signature® Card Review
Set your sights on this dining rewards card.
How to get a U.S. Bank cash advance
Use your U.S. Bank credit card to make cash withdrawals, but at a high cost.
How to increase your U.S. Bank credit limit
Use your card responsibly to boost your purchasing power.
U.S. Bank home equity review
Offers home equity loans and HELOCs, but the application process varies by state.
U.S. Bank credit cards with no foreign transaction fee
A few U.S. Bank-branded cards offer no foreign transaction fees.
U.S. Bank balance transfer credit cards
Get a balance transfer intro APR up to 18 months long with a U.S. Bank card.
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card review
Earn points with the U.S. Bank FlexPerks Gold American Express Card and redeem for travel purchases, cash back, gift cards or merchandise.
Compare U.S. Bank business credit cards
Discover the best cards for travel perks, cashback rewards, intro APR periods and more.
Ask an Expert