Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to activate an Amazon credit card
You may have multiple activation options.
How to activate your Amazon card with American Express
American Express offers three ways to activate your Amazon credit card:
- Visit the americanexpress.com/confirmcard, enter your credit card number and 4-digit card ID on the back of your card. Click Confirm.
- Call the number on the back of your card.
- Download and use the Amex mobile app on iOS or Android, enter your card numbers or scan the card.
Amazon credit cards by American Express
- Amazon Business American Express Card
- Amazon Business Prime American Express Card
How to activate your Amazon card with Chase
There are two ways to activate your Amazon credit card with Chase:
- Go to the chase.com/personal/credit-cards/verify-credit-card, log in or sign up with your Social Security number and your card, account or application number.
- Call 800-432-3117 and follow the prompts.
Amazon credit cards by Chase
- Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card
- Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card
How to activate your Amazon card with Synchrony
If your Amazon card is issued by Synchrony, here’s how to activate it:
- If you have a sticker on the back of your card, call the number written on the sticker.
- Otherwise, call the number on the back of your card.
Amazon credit cards by Synchrony Bank
- Amazon Store Card Credit Builder
- Amazon Prime Store Card Credit Builder
- Amazon.com Store Card
- Amazon Prime Store Card
Compare credit cards
Now that you have your Amazon card activated, you can start using it. If you ever feel the need to have access to a higher credit line or additional perks, consider applying for a second card to help you maximize rewards. For example, if your card now earns accelerated rewards on Amazon purchases, your next card could earn you rewards on groceries, gas or any other category where you spend most. Check out the cards in the table below to see what perks and rewards you could get.
Amazon credit cards are issued by three different card providers. However, the card activation process generally remains the same — by phone and online. American Express is the only provider of the three that lets you activate your card via the bank’s mobile app. If you need to activate a credit card from a different bank, read our guide on credit card activation.
Also consider adding one of the best accompanying credit cards on the market to your wallet. This may increase your credit limit and allow you access to additional perks or a new signup bonus.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Douugh banking review
The Douugh banking app uses AI to optimize your finances, but it lacks key features.
Save Market Savings account Review
With this savings account, you can invest your interest in the stock market for an average 3.13% return. Learn more here.
Live Oak Bank Business Savings account review
This online-only business savings account lets you build your savings with a high APY and no fees.
Merrick Bank Double Your Line® Secured Visa® Credit Card review
Build your credit with this secured credit card.
Think twice before applying for a store credit card this holiday season
Pass on store cards if you’re looking for lasting value.
Ponce Bank High Yield Savings account review
Earn 0.5% on your total account balance — no strings attached.
Continental Bank High Yield Savings account review
This online savings account has no fees and earns 0.45% APY on your total balance.
HSBC Global Money account review
Manage your international finances with free transfers to HSBC customers.
Sesame Cash checking account review
Learn the pros and cons of Sesame Cash’s checking account.
What is trip cancellation insurance and how do I get it?
A safety net for interrupted or canceled trips.
Ask an Expert