Is a short term loan what you need?
Anyone can find themselves in need of financial help. If you feel that you’ve tried all of your options, taking out a short term loan may be what you need. Short term loan companies, such as Ace Cash Express, are there when you need help making ends meet and your credit is less than perfect.
Is Ace Cash Express legit?
Yes. Ace Cash Express, and other lenders like it, are not a scam. However, payday loans are heavily regulated and the legislation around them is constantly changing. There are caps on fees and interest rates that can be charges, and on the maximum amount that can be loaned. Because legislators are continuously working on improving these protective measures, laws can change from week to week.
ACE Cash Express Payday Loans
Apply for a payday loan through ACE Cash Express and look forward to getting your money overnight
- Min. Loan Amount: Varies by state
- Loan Term: Varies by state
- Turnaround Time: Generally receive the money the next business day
- Total Costs: Varies depending upon the state where you reside.
What does Ace Cash Express have to offer?
Key information about Ace Cash Express includes:
- Loan term. Varies by term.
- APR. 163.36% to 807.04% depending on state of residence and loan amount.
- Fees. Up to $312 depending on state of residence.
- Maximum loan amount. $1,500 depending on state of residence.
- Application turnaround. Within minutes.
Protect yourself from predatory lending
Ace Cash Express is a credible lender, but there are other providers that may carry a higher risk.
When you’re looking into payday loans look out for:
- High interest rates. Interest rates can be an excess of 1,200% and quickly become unmanageable.
- Steep fees. Depending on the lender, you could be looking at paying back over $100 in fees.
- Risk of debt spiral. Taking a loan that you’re not able to pay back can lead to having to refinance or roll over the remaining amount of the loan. This can lead to more debt or opening additional lines of credit.
According to Pew Charitable Trusts, almost 12 million Americans take out short term loans annually. Of these, many become repeat borrowers. The act of repeat borrowing is so common, in fact, that some lenders have incentives for regular borrowing.
It is important to budget and make sure you can afford to pay off a loan before you take it. In the event that you don’t pay your loan off in time you may be subject to fees and penalties, and it may negatively affect your credit.
Ace Cash Express goes beyond just short term loans
Here are some of the other products provided by Ace Cash Express:
- Installment loans. Depending on your state of residence you can get a loan of up to $5,000.
- Title loans. You can apply for a secured loan with your car title as collateral if you are a resident of Arizona, Louisiana, New Mexico, Ohio, Oregon, Tennessee or Texas.
- Prepaid cards. Receive direct deposit, or simply store your funds on a reloadable Visa provided by Ace Cash Express.
- Check cashing. Most store locations will cash checks.
Is applying online for a short term loan safe?
Yes, most lenders use 128-bit secure socket layer (SSL) encryption technology. This safeguards your sensitive information online. It is still important to make sure that the provider you’re working with is forthcoming about what they share and with whom. Taking a look at the privacy and security policies can help give peace of mind, or give you a heads up if you see something you don’t trust.
What else do I need to know?
Ace Cash Express is a direct lender, meaning that they will finance your loan and will answer any questions you have. They do not deal with brokers who often sell your information to other lenders.
Lending brokers can be useful, because they can connect you with lenders you may not reach otherwise. But illegitimate brokers could sell your information to lending companies long after you’ve applied. Before you apply for any loan, be sure to read the fine print. Lenders are legally bound to telling you what they do with your information. If you can’t find this information, consider another lender instead.
How do Ace Cash Express compare?
What other options are available?
If Ace Cash Express doesn’t sound like the right fit for you, there are other providers with similar services available for you to compare.
Here are some alternatives to short term loans:
- Balance transfers. If you’re looking to use the money to consolidate your debt, a balance transfer might be a reasonable alternative. Balance transfers allow you to get all of your debt in one place, potentially with a lower interest rate.
- Credit Cards. A credit card might be what you need if you’re looking to make a big purchase. Some credit cards have significantly better APRs than short term loans, and a few even have introductory offers.
- Personal loans. Personal loans options include secured personal loans, debt consolidation loans, peer-to-peer loans and home equity personal loans.